Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whitew Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 07:35 PM
    Scotts Lawn Tractor model# 1642. Will not move forward or back. What is the first t
    Replaced the drive belt on my Scotts Lawn Tractor model# 1642. The belt moves when engine is running, but no forward or reverse movement. What is the first thing need to look for? Removing the transmission looks like a real task! Bought new 5 years ago, this the first trouble I have had with it. I need some suggestions.
    Thanks, Dale
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 4, 2013, 11:09 AM
    Hi,
    The belt moving does not say if it is under enough tension. Have someone else sit on the machine a peer through the frame to see if the transmission pulley is turning. My guess is it is not and an idler is the culprit.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need a wiring diagram for a Scotts lawn tractor model s1642 [ 8 Answers ]

I own a Scotts lawn tractor model 1642 that won't start (turn over). The battery is good and I've replaced the solenoid. I believe its one of the many safety interlocks that's the cause.

Scotts Lawn Tractor (mfg by John Deere) Model L1742 schematic [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for a wiring diagram (schmatic) for a Scotts Lawn Tractor Model L1742. The unit will not start and appears to have a sefety switch open. The battery is good and I have checked all items suggested by owner's manual. If I can come up with a schematic I can possibly troubleshoot and...

MTD hydrostatic lawn tractor model series 790 won't move? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 2007 MTD Gold Hydro lawn tractor. I was cutting the lawn and stopped the tractor and PTO while still seated for 3 minutes then went to move forward and reverse and it wouldn't move. It wanted to move but it seemed like something was golding it back. Then I shut off the tractor and released...

Diagram for drive belt for a scotts lawn tractor model s2554 [ 1 Answers ]

I would like a diagram for a drive belt for a scotts lawn tractor model s2554. Some one else took it off and I can not get it back on.

Mtd lawn tractor will not move forward [ 2 Answers ]

Hello,I just bought this used MTD yard machines 14.5/42 w/7 speed transmatic transaxel. The guy I got it from had replaced the "rearend" In it due to damaged old rearend. I used it 1 time and had occasional difficulty getting it from forward to reverse or vice versa. I figured perhaps some...

View more questions Search