Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    genesis971025 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Canadian wanting to cross the border - Theft Under
    All right, I am under 18 years old and I want to cross the border. I have been charged with theft under (stole a 70cent item). I play on a hockey team and we go to the states often (about once every month).
    I went to court and the judge told me that I have to do some punishment (I think she called it a sanction) that included attending a workshop, apology letter and a essay. I have to finish all that before July 18. Then go back to court on Aug 14 to prove to the Judge that I have done these punishments and I accept my mistake. This is where I am confused, people at the court and workshop told me that they will smash my records and won't pop up on the computer but if they wanted to do an in dept check they will see that I have broke the law but I made up for it? What will happen? Can I pass the border? Is my record gone? Can I go to the US? Does it make a difference if I take a plane or drive to the States?
    Sorry I have lots of questions, I am just very confused.

Please let me know asap if I need to include more info in order for your to answer the question and help me get this strait.

Thank you !
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 09:48 AM
    Well this s the part I don't get. You stated the people at the court will 'smash your records' so it won't pop up on the computer. Theft under what? And you went to court for 70 cents.

Sorry, I think there is more to this story. If you were charged with theft and it isn't settled yet, you won't be going anywhere.

Jul 3, 2013, 10:25 AM
    What do you mean by "settled"
    Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 10:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis971025 View Post
    what do you mean by "settled"
    You haven't been to court yet, it is not settled, finished, gone, done

Jul 3, 2013, 11:53 AM
    So your saying after I go to court my record will be settled and finished? Gone ?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 01:55 PM
    I am former US Homeland Security. We have enough petty criminals in the US. You are not going to get in. You have an open charge. Even after it's gone I do not see you getting in. The arrest will still show.

Trust me, "smashing your record" is not an option.

I am immensely amused that not only are you a thief, you aren't even willing to do your "homework" in order to get the charge dropped. https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ml#post3498540

There is pathetic and really pathetic. You are in the latter category.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 02:39 PM
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ng-756572.html

Wow! So you broke the law, and you're not even willing to do what they require you to do so you can go to the States?

Write your own essay! That's what's expected of you. You're not only a thief, you're lazy to boot.

Just wow! You didn't learn a damn thing, did you?
    Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 02:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by genesis971025 View Post
    so your saying after i go to court my record will be settled and finished? gone ?
    No I didn't say that, can't you read. I said you aren't finished yet with this. And no you will not be allowed into the US with any kind of record.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to Cross the border into the States [ 8 Answers ]

I just have a quick question regarding my husband and crossing the border. We applied for our passports and were looking at information online about what we could buy and the rules for crossing when my husband came across a section about not bothering to cross if you've been arrested/convicted of...

How many Mexicans illegally cross the border into the you.S. Every day? [ 2 Answers ]

I simply want an estimate on how many Mexicans cross the border into the United States illegally every day.

My 11yr old german shepard cross border is unwell [ 2 Answers ]

My poor dog yesterday wouldn't walk for me in the morning. It seemed his back legs were stiff and when he did eventually get up he walked sideways - his legs were all bowed. As with German Shepards of a certain age I thought it might be his back legs that had gone but very suddenly. Today he has...

View more questions Search