Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bhchait Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 06:17 AM
    Can bankruptcy
    Can a Bankruptcy prevent me from getting bonded at a bank?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 25, 2007, 06:22 AM
    It might, depending on the nature of the job.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 07:07 AM
    It will depend on the reasons for the bankruptcy, what type of debts, and the reason for the debts.

And of course how long it has been since the bankruptcy.
    TxSky Posts: 18, Reputation: 3

Apr 19, 2007, 03:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    It will depend on the reasons for the bankruptcy, what type of debts, and the reason for the debts.

And of course how long it has been since the bankruptcy.
    And the bank.

I suggest that you go into the bonding process openly and honestly.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Apr 19, 2007, 06:53 PM
    The bank will make the decision to hire or not hire you. If you are hired, you will automatically be covered under a Banker's Blanket Bond that is required of all banks that are insured by the fed Govt's what I guess is still called the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. If it's a credit union that's hiring you, I believe the Govt's insurance on deposits has another name. I think the answer to you question varies from bank to bank to credit union as to whether they will hire you. If hired, you will automatically be covered. If there is any member of the banking community reading this or an Underwriter or Agent involved in writing Banker's Blanket Bonds, please feel free to disagree with me. I am not active in bonding banks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

My mom cosigned on a car loan. She filed bk. I continued making payments. My bank account got messed up. I set up payment arrangements. They came and repossessed the car. Can they do that since my mom was only a cosigner?

Bankruptcy in FL [ 4 Answers ]

I have some questions about Bankruptcy. I see in Chapter 13 you keep your possessions because you are repaying your debt. Has anyone here filed for Bankruptcy here in FL. Can you give advice. Then also is an insurance company considered a creditor - will my bankruptcy be reported to them. I...

Bankruptcy [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I was recently contacted by a collection agency regarding a debt owed to a school. To clarify, this was not a student loan. My bankrupcty was discharged on August 30th 2005. She stated that it was in their file as being discharged on this date. However, she still insisted on...

Bankruptcy [ 2 Answers ]

Can a person file bankruptcy from jail? Can they file on their own(Pro Se)? What county to file in--/the county of imprisonment or where the debts were incurred? Are fines, costs, and restitution dischargable? If someone had power of attorney for the one filing from prison, if possible, could...

View more questions Search