Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    emmalouberry Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2005, 08:31 PM
    Oscar Trivia
    Have a few questions for a trivia game:

1. This story of a catholic lawyer who falls out of favor with his demanding boss took home a Best Picture Oscar. Name the film.

2. In the 1969 James Bond film "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", archvillain Blofeld (Telly Savalas) paraphrases a work by and English poet and Tracy di Vincenzo (Diana Rigg) completes the stanza for him. Name the poet.

3 In "Lost in Translation", Bill Murray essays a karoke version of a song by this venerable British bank. Name the band AND the song.

4. In the "Godfather" films, what is the month, day and year of Vito Corleone's birthday? - yeah I know... never seen any of these...

5. This story of the romance between a candy store employee and a dressmaker took home a Best Picture Oscar. Name the film.

Any help will be much appreciated. Been up till all hours trying to get these.
    J.
    Yellowdog330 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2005, 09:56 AM
    Oscar Trivia
    You must be working on the Star Ledger contest.. .

3 - "More Than This" by Roxy Music
    4 - His birthday is December 7th (Pearl Harbor Day). Not sure of year - my guess is 1892.
    5 - West Side Story

2 - no clue

1 - please let me know if you get this one - it's been driving me crazy.

Feb 7, 2005, 08:17 PM
    Forgot I posted here...
    Answer to number one... or in Star Ledger #'s 7 is A Man for All Seasons

Jenn

Feb 8, 2005, 05:35 AM
    More Trivia
    The poet (#2) is James Elroy Flecker.. . Right?

Here's two more questions:

1 - The original title of this celebrated 2003 indie film was "Blue Desert". What was the release title?

2 - Who was the original director for "Melvin & Howard" replaced by Jonathan Demme?

Thanks.. .

Feb 8, 2005, 12:01 PM
    Trivia
    Flecker is right and the other is Mike Nichols who replaced Demme

Feb 8, 2005, 01:31 PM
    More Trivia
    In case anyone else is reading this, I have two more:

1 - Warren Beatty wanted this veteran actor to play the celestial Mr Jordan in 1978's "Heaven Can Wait".

2 - On film, he battled dinosaurs, romanced Ann-Margret and advised Harvey Keitel. Name the actor.

Thanks.. .
    sharon3 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2005, 08:28 PM
    Oscar trivia-warren beatty
    Thanks for the help to some of the other questions. Regarding Heaven Can Wait- the answer is Cary Grant.

How about how old Clarence the angel is?
    Thanks

Feb 10, 2005, 09:55 AM
    More Movie Trivia
    Thanks.. . Let's keep trading (see below).

Clarence is 292 years old. Check out this website that has scripts from classic movies:

http://www.geocities.com/classicmovi...derfullife.txt

GEORGE (to Clarence) How old are you, anyway, Clarence?

CLARENCE Two hundred and ninety-three.. . (thinks).. . Next May.

=====================

How about these two:

11 - S King and S Peckinbaugh collaboration on a movie never made.. . Screenplay by King and novel by King

22 - Groucho 1963 interview referred to Marx Bros movie as " a terrible picture . . . and almost our last". I assume it's one of their classics but can't find the interview online.

Thanks.. .

Feb 10, 2005, 11:50 AM
    Trivia contest
    I would love to keep trading...

The answer to the screenplay by Stephen King is the Shotgunners and the novel is the Regulators...

How about the western film that John Wayne called distasteful in his 1971 interview (48)

Thanks

Feb 10, 2005, 12:48 PM
    And some more movie trivia
    Not 100% positive, but believe that J Wayne was referring to "The Wild Bunch". I found a reference but it was not conclusive. Seems right to me.

I need this one:

44 - the father & son who sang Oscar winner for Best Song in back-to-back years.

And

72 - the father who appeared in a movie based on Irving Berlin song and the son who wrote a best song winner.

Send me some more that you are working on. Thanks.. .

Feb 10, 2005, 01:09 PM
    John Wayne Quote
    Wild Bunch is definitely correct.

From Playboy Magazine 1971 interview - here's the link:

http://groups.msn.com/ATributeToJohn...rview1971.msnw

Feb 10, 2005, 01:10 PM
    John Wayne Quote
    The Wild Bunch is correct.

Playboy 1971 interview - here's the link:

http://groups.msn.com/ATributeToJohn...rview1971.msnw

Feb 10, 2005, 02:45 PM
    Oscar trivia
    Thanks for the john wayne link. Is there any other question you are looking for? Hopefully I have some that you don't have and vice versa...

Feb 10, 2005, 03:13 PM
    Oscar trivia
    I am also looking for the character actor who did time with willem dafoe partied with steve buscemi...

Thanks
    triviacrazy Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2005, 03:28 PM
    Question #10
    I don't know the Buscemi question. I am also stuck on question #10. Any help would be appreciated.

The villain of this late-1970's action drama shares the same last name as one of the most celebrated conductors of the 20th century. Name the film and the conductor.

Thanks for any help

Feb 10, 2005, 05:21 PM
    More Trivia
    There is a movie where Dafoe plays a prisoner - called Animal Factory. Only one I have found, so assume the unknown actor is also in the cast. Coincidently, the movie was directed by Steve Buscemi. Since the question refers to a character actor, my guess was John Heard (but can't find him in a movie with Buscemi or Pearce, so this is probably incorrect).

As for #10, I assumed it was Leonard Bernstein.. . But can't find a villan with this last name. Sorry.

I do have several others, so post any that you are seeking. I posted a few above, so let me know if you can help on any of them.

Thanks.. .

Feb 10, 2005, 05:23 PM
    Best Picture
    How about #69:

This story of a grief-stricken young man who drops out of college and attempts to take over the family business from his uncle won a Best Picture Oscar.

Feb 10, 2005, 07:28 PM
    Trivia
    Wild Bunch is right for John Wayne.

Cannot find the Marx Brothers one either or Number 16, about the horror film that was novelized three times.

Father Son is Rex and Noel Harrison.

Jenn

Feb 10, 2005, 09:33 PM
    Sorry meant to say #44
    #44 is Rex and Noel Harrison did not read the post all the way through..

I am having troubles with #33 have two answers and I am going crazy.

Question: This veteran character actor,known mostly for Westerns, appeared in tow of the most influential films of the 1960's, two of the most high-profile TV movies of the 1970's and starred on the big screen opposite Kirk Douglas, Tommy Lee Jones and John Wayne. Name him.

I have Keenan Wynn and Richard Jaeckel. All starred with the 3 actors.

Jaeckell was in a TV movie in 70's about Lindburgh - to me that would fit the clue "high-profile". But really the question has many meanings to me. "Influetial" is very hard to determine as to what movies?

Any clues?
    Jenn

Feb 11, 2005, 06:16 AM
    Question 33
    While both K Wynn and R Jaeckel appeared in numerous Westerns as well as a movie with the 3 other stars, neither seem right to me.

I see no influential movies for Jaeckel - just a long list of average ones (eg, bit part in Dirty Dozen). So have to eliminate him.

Wynn (who was better known) appeared in 2 influential '60s movies: Dr Strangelove and Once Upon a Time in the West. But his 1970s TV movies are pretty boring - I don't see any that I could call "high profiel". Sorry, but don't think it's him either.

Other than hunting IMDB movie by movie, how do cross reference two actors?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bit of Trivia [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, Today, Wednesday, at Two Minutes and Three Seconds after 1:00, The Time and Date will be: 01:02:03 04/05/06 Neat, huh?

OPT(F1) to H1B - Trivia [ 1 Answers ]

Hey Tax Expert, I have made the email in form of trivia so that it will be helpful to many people at the same time. Q1) For all those people who converted from OPT to H1B, what makes them dual status or what makes them resident alien ? Q2) Dual Status doesn't have to pay the medicare and...

Cartoon Trivia [ 5 Answers ]

I would like to know if any one would know the occupation of Barny Rubble on the Flintstones?

Need Oscar Trivia HELP! [ 3 Answers ]

I need to know an answer to an Oscar question and I have looked everywhere for the answer and no luck. The question is: What family has won 11 oscars and what family member is nominated for another one this year? Please help and thanks in advance, fencebuster

View more questions Search