Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rjrt2013 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 2, 2013, 10:19 AM
    Aetna (short term disability) sent questions to the doctor?
    So my husband has been on FMLA for the maximum of 12 weeks for depression, anxiety, and stress and Aetna (short term disability company) has approved him for that time. His doctor, therapist, and us are trying to get him approved from now until August 17th, so all the paperwork has been filed correctly, but apparently Aetna faxed his therapist a one page paper with 4 questions that they won't tell me. All they told me is that the questions are basically trying to find out whether his condition is caused by his job or not. I bet a lot of it is, but not all of it. These questions were just type out in addition to the normal STD paperwork.

So I'm worried that if the therapist says yes, it's all caused by his job, that they will deny him for short term disability and try to make him go through workers comp. But he can't go through workers comp because he never filed claims or what not. Can these questions DENY him for short term disability?

I might be able to get the questions from the therapist when I speak to her, but at this moment, I don't have them.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 10:42 AM
    You answered your own question - yes, if the disability is work related it's a worker's comp claim. It's as simple as that.

The next time your husband sees the therapist he should ask for a copy of that paperwork.

I also think it's a mistake mentioning a specific company on a public board.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can short term disability be garnished? [ 1 Answers ]

Have full time job but on short term disability for 1-2 months so will be getting pd my base pay but no incentive during that period. In 1997 GMAC repoed my Grand AM & wanted balance in full. I was unable to comply so GMAC turned the acct. over to a law firm. This law firm garnished my wages. In...

Denied short term disability pay. What now? [ 1 Answers ]

I live and am employed in Illinois. In early July I suffered severe anxiety attacks and depression, including paranoia brought on by extreme insomnia. I was physically unable to go to work and mentally unable to perform my duties even were it possible for me to get to work. I went to the...

Social security taxes for short term disability [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I have been out on short term disability for the past 3 months. I have been receiving checks from a third party provider that my company pays the on. They have been taking out all the taxes for each pay check including social security. Today I received my bonus check which deducted out the...

Short Term Disability [ 5 Answers ]

I had neck surgery in August 2007 and will be out of work until Feb. 2008. I received five checks from the insurance company, then they called and stated they had made a mistake and I was NOT eligible for short term disability. Now they want the money back. Of course I have used the money to pay...

View more questions Search