Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tsila1777 Posts: 138, Reputation: 18

Jul 2, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Shock wave flash crashed
    At the risk of sounding stupid:(and if you think I am, please don't say so. Thanks)

Is the shock wave flash the same as Adobe Shockwave Player? What do I need to view pictures? What do I need to hear songs?

I have a Samsung laptop with Windows 8. Also even thought I have pop-ups blocked I still get the same pop-ups, one wanting me to 'back-up' my files, another that has 'scanned my PC and found 4567 errors, and wants me to click to fix '. I have AVG.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 10:06 AM
    You have malware. Use this to scan and clean your computer: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

You only need the free product.

Jul 4, 2013, 10:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma View Post
    You have malware. Use this to scan and clean your computer: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer

You only need the free product.
    Have you used this on your computer?
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 11:33 AM
    On every computer I work on that needs cleaning. It's almost an industry standard.

Jul 4, 2013, 01:39 PM
    I downloaded and ran the program you suggested, the 'free one', and then I click 'fix' and it took me back to the page and wanted me to 'buy' the program... thanks anyway, just another something to remove.

Jul 4, 2013, 06:54 PM
    I have wins 8

Jul 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
    Pete and repeat
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 02:37 AM
    I downloaded and ran the program you suggested, the 'free one', and then I click 'fix' and it took me back to the page and wanted me to 'buy' the program.
    Since there is no "fix" button or option with that program then it never ran. You'd better take your PC to a local professional.

Jul 5, 2013, 09:24 AM
    I said Fix, whatever it tells you to do. But the program you gave me a link to, it would not download on my laptop. It did work on my other computer, but every time I hit the download, it went to another site and it was a different program. I think maybe it never did download, not the right one anyway. I get so aggravated with that laptop. I've had nothing but trouble with it. My memory is saturated with pain so don't hold me to everyone I type, I don't actually remember what it said to do went it was finished. On the laptop it found 8 things and there was a button that said (?? The marked whatever.) Remove maybe. But it was a shareware program.

My nephew can connect with my laptop and fix it, that's what he does in his father's company, and he told me it would not cost me anything. I just hate to ask him. I guess I really need to. Thanks for trying to help me.
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2013, 09:42 AM
    I think the malware is redirecting your web browsing. Your nephew would absolutely know that program I am recommending. Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is a shock wave from an explosion [ 2 Answers ]

When a firework explodes 100 feet away I can see, then hear and then fell it. I can explain the sight and the sound. What happens to make me feel it?

Flash Action Script-Programming in Flash cs3 professional [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Does anybody know 1. method to creating a folder using Flash action script ? 2.Any good sites to learn Flash action script ? 3.Code to make a button in flash to browse for a image file and then to display its path? Thanks in Advance.. :)

Protecting flash drive: Strength or Shock Absorption? [ 6 Answers ]

Years ago, after I'd ruined a cheap plastic flash drives because of rough treatment on my keychain (getting dropped, etc.) I went to Cruzer Titanium (encased in titanium) after seeing a PC Mag review where they threw it down, stomped on it, drove over it, etc... Now I see a rubber encased one...

View more questions Search