Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Debbie1262 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 06:13 PM
    Can a employer make you work on a holiday you have off as a salaried employee
    Hello everyone. I a m a residential manager who is a salaried employee. My question is, is it legal to make a salaried employee work a company paid holiday for straight time?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 06:21 PM
    Did you sign a contract? Was your job outlined? If it is within the bounds of your job then the answer is yes. That is what you signed on to. If it is outside the bounds of your job then you may be entitled to overtime depending on the State you live in.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for a salaried employee to work 40 hour work weeks for 2 months and recei [ 1 Answers ]

I work for a bible college who have asked all their salaried employees to work for half pay for 2 months because of a budget crisis is that legal

Can an employer dock a salaried employee [ 0 Answers ]

How do you know if you are a exempt or nonexempt employee

?Can an employer essentially dock a salaried employee's pay for lateness in VA? [ 0 Answers ]

If you are late by any amount of time my husband's manager makes you buy breakfast for the team which is somewhere in the neighborhood of $50. I realize technically this isn't "docking" pay but it amounts to the same thing - us being out $50 if my husband is late. I don't know if he's exempt or...

Is it legal for an employer to make a salaried employee take vacation [more].. [ 4 Answers ]

Is it legal for an employer to make a salaried employee take vacation days if they wish to get paid for a week? The company has decided to shut down for a holiday. The company says it will pay for the one government "holiday" day, but the rest no one, including salaries employees, will receive pay...

View more questions Search