Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newtothecolony Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 03:50 PM
    How to get a non paying guest to leave in Texas
    I am letting a person use a room in my house that was kicked out by his girlfriend. It was a mistake and I want him to leave. The police say that they will not force him to leave although he has not given me money or has a lease.
    What are my rights in Texas?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2013, 04:07 PM
    How long has he been there? Probably long enough to establish residence, which is why the police won't force him to leave. So he's no longer a guest, but a resident and has to be treated like a tenant. This means you have to give him 30 days written notice to vacate. If he still doesn't leave, then you will have to go to court for an eviction order.
    newtothecolony Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 05:24 PM
    He has been here 2 weeks. Does that make a difference? He has not paid any rent or received any mail.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 1, 2013, 05:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by newtothecolony View Post
    He has been here 2 weeks. Does that make a difference? He has not paid any rent or received any mail.
    Only 2 weeks? If the police won't treat him as a trespasser, then you will need to evict him

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove guest paying no rent-florida [ 2 Answers ]

I allowed someone to stay with me temporarilly in my house for a few months until they researched jobs.. They are paying no rent.. She has not found a job as of today and she has been here for 3.5 months.. She brought a dog in now just 6-days ago.. I found out some dishonest things she has...

My house guest won't leave [ 3 Answers ]

I invited my friend of 10 + years and her daughter to move in with me while she find a job and a house (she was evicted from her apartment). A year + later, she still at my house without no job. I asked her to leave 7 months ago, and she still has not moved out. I just sent her a certified letter...

Asking a guest to leave your home [ 1 Answers ]

My fiancee's mother has dementia and lives on her own we are in the process of moving her into a long-term care facility, but it takes time. Her condition affects her reasoning skills and she has a tendency to have random strangers stay with her. The problem right now is a gentleman is refusing to...

Texas Law on evicting a house guest [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for the Texas laws on evicting a house guests or a renter that has no lease and has not paid rent.

Guest Won't Leave [ 3 Answers ]

A guest, invited to stay in our home for a week, has returned repeatedly after being asked to leave over and over, and sneakily has claimed residency by having mail sent here. Now he has become a nuisance, a threat, an unwanted "squatter" with several nasty habits: In several ways, he can be...

View more questions Search