Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janayaturner Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2013, 02:14 AM
    14 years old, 210 lbs, 5'3. How can I loose weight?
    I am 14, weigh 200 lbs, and am 5'3. I'm about to be a freshman so I need to loose weight soon. I need help. I weigh more than my dad and he's 6'4. I feel ashamed. What if I have diabetes? My family tries to stop me, but I don't listen. I'm addicted to food. Please help. :'(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 02:34 AM
    First you should see your doctor, they will tell you if there are health issues right now, you need to be worried about.

Next no, you will not lose weight fast, but it will take months and months.

You have to change your life style, and stop eating as much and eat proper.

Your parents may have to just MAKE you do some changes.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 1, 2013, 03:13 AM
    I'm addicted to food too. In my case (I'm 66) it has a lot to do with chronic pain and looking for comfort (also pain wears me out, makes me tired, and food 'feels' like it gives me energy, but that's very temporary, and it's not needed). Food is often a comfort, a substitution for something lacking in your life. Does that sound at all true for you? Are you loved by family and friends? Is anything wrong?
    Second, do you have the resolve to diet? No one can help you if you don't want to.
    I would suggest a plan for the summer of lots of non-fat yogurt smoothies with a little fruit and wheat germ, or maybe soy milk. Summer really is the best time to start a diet. In the winter, plan on lots of broth with fresh veggies in it, and a little chicken. The idea is to get full on liquids that are mostly water.
    Third - make a list of what you won't eat! You know what those foods are. In fact, you tell us what they are.
    Fourth - exercise. Running is free except for good sneaks. Or bicycling. Or even brisk walking.

Jul 1, 2013, 03:19 AM
    My parents love me from the moon and back. They will always love me. That is not the issue. I probably shouldn't of put this up on here. Is there any way to remove a question?
    current pert

Jul 1, 2013, 03:26 AM
    Huh? I just threw that out there. Why would you want to remove this? Do you want to get resolve or not?

Jul 1, 2013, 03:46 AM
    Because I will do what my parents tell me by eating right and exercising now how do I delete it
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 03:46 AM
    Also at 6'4" and 200 lbs the dad is skinny, but that is not the point. Why are you addicted to food.
    current pert

Jul 1, 2013, 04:15 AM
    You can't delete anything here. If the Edit button is still showing, you can edit.

I'm sorry you took me the wrong way. I never for a moment wanted to come up with the wrong reasons for being overweight. Most teens overeat because something is missing.

Jul 1, 2013, 04:16 AM
    Its fine. Is it possible to delete a profile? That was my only question so...
    current pert

Jul 1, 2013, 04:20 AM
    No.. sorry. If that's your real name, just let it float to the bottom of the questions, and I doubt that anyone will see it.

I do see from a quick search that you are on many sites. Fortunately you won't be found here because there is no space between your first and last name. (You are pretty and don't look like 200 lbs AT ALL.)

Please be aware of all the ways your privacy and security can be compromised on social sites (not this one).
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 05:03 AM
    What kinds of food do you eat? Many prepacked foods and snack foods have a lot of stuff that makes you gain weight and not be able to lose

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 31 years of age and I weigh 140kg, I want to loose weight but I'm on ARV's [ 3 Answers ]

Can I take slimming tablets or mixtures to assist my diet

I Have to loose 20 lbs [ 5 Answers ]

Okay So I'm 14 5'7 and I weigh 180 I want To Be 20 lbs Less and I only have a month untiul school - is it possible ?

I am 14 and I weight almost 210 [ 1 Answers ]

I have the same problem as you =/ I am 14 and I weight almost 210 I'm almost 5,6 Ihave really bad asthma and at the momment ihave really bad Pain in my stomich its caused by my overys the doctor say &well I can't run or the pain is to bad , Id really love for me to lose weight I don't get...

Want to loose 20 lbs [ 2 Answers ]

I really want to loose 20 lbs as fast as possible is there anyway that I can do that? I don't really have the timet to exercize withc is a problem but I'm not sure what to do What is the fastest way? Please please help me out Thanks

View more questions Search