Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aghamajid Posts: 14, Reputation: -4
    -

Mar 25, 2007, 05:46 AM
    Man I will not answer any more,first of all I'm not a scholar, and your spoling his mind.arghhh,no thing such as religion,arghhh.
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 25, 2007, 06:01 AM
    1. Nor do I claim to be a scholar
    2. if you would bother to read the original posters name you will see she is a she.
    3. How am I spoiling her mind by telling her that the future is hers to hold and live as she likes?In one of your other posts your pissing n moaning over your brother watching and controlling you at 15, well she is 19 --
    4. where did I say there was no such thing as religion?
    --Savage
    -

Mar 25, 2007, 06:03 AM
    I'm not talking about you okay,n besides if you don't want to reply for my posts then its f9... just OFF!!
    TheSavage Posts: 564, Reputation: 96

Mar 25, 2007, 06:06 AM
    Lmao -- what did you post that I should reply to? --Savage
    -

Mar 25, 2007, 06:08 AM
    U sai dit that in another post I'm was moaning n crying,well this is de place to get help and as question,what do you expect frm me.
    MrsDead Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Gawd don't argue. And thanks for your advice savage. X
    carbonite Posts: 47, Reputation: 8

Mar 25, 2007, 07:17 AM
    MrsDead the teachings of the Holy Quo'ran are that a muslem (muslim depends on where the english was taught) is a person who submits themselves to the will of God.

Sounds like your parents followed Islam but it says in Quo'ran that Jews and Christians that submit themselves to the will of God are also Muslim not just followers of Islam.

Hope this helps.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Mar 25, 2007, 01:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDead
    i am muslim. but then again im not.

my family is muslim n they r quite religious when it comes to it. but me - i am not. i dont follow it; i do what i want. and if my family knew of this, they would be deeply upset n shocked even tho they do kinda kno im a bit urm i dunno.

so tell me this. r u born a muslim n hav to stick through it. or do u have a choice n decide who u wanna be?

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
    God gave us all a choice as to what we can do. Make your own choice. Let others make their own choice, and respect it whether you agree or not.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Apr 5, 2007, 05:20 AM
    As Tal said, God gave us a mind to chose what we want to do. You know what's best for you. You chose religion as a guidance not a brainwash mechanism.

God will respect your decission and still love u accordingly.
    fitnahpolice Posts: 29, Reputation: 0

Apr 19, 2007, 06:35 AM
    You do NOT have to follow your parents blindly. But you HAVE to obey your Creator - the One who cherishes and nourishes you.

Islam is a verb and literally means submitting to the will of God in peace. This is unlike most of the major religions that are named after a person or place, e.g. Judah-Judaism, Christ-Christianity, Buddha-Buddhism, Indus Valley-Hinduism, etc. So Islam is an active verb and the one who submits is a doer of Islam or an Islamer. In Arabic there is a prefix 'mu' like the suffix 'er' in English. So a Mu-islam or Muslim is one who submits his/her will to the will of his Lord. All the Prophets sent by God to guide humanity from the time of Adam to Noah to Abraham to Moses to Jesus and Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon them all) were muslims in the true sense because they devoted their lives to the God's mission - to take mankind from darkness to light!

God created mankind and jinn so that they may worship Him. That is our purpose of creation. There is no compulsion in religion and the choice is yours. But choose wisely or the consequences can be grave.

May Allah guide us on the right path!
    leilaa111 Posts: 65, Reputation: 5

Jun 16, 2007, 02:42 AM

my family is muslim n they r quite religious when it comes to it. but me - i am not. i dont follow it; i do what i want. and if my family knew of this, they would be deeply upset n shocked even tho they do kinda kno im a bit urm i dunno.

so tell me this. r u born a muslim n hav to stick through it. or do u have a choice n decide who u wanna be?

Mrs dead hi I'm leila your question really upset me because I'm a muslim it looks like you have made up your mind on who you want to so be it . God gave you a brain 2 think and no what you want in life if you want 2 follow the wrong way witch you truly believe is wrong in your heart just so you can have a little fun in life so be it .u should no what is wrong and what is right you don't have 2 stay on your religion but can you face your god when you die and tell him that you choose to be who you are because you didn't like your religion I no I'm going 2 get a lot of critism from people right now but I'm muslim and I'm proud 2 have 1 of the best religions in the world .all I can say to you is allah yehdeki and think straight believe in the god that created you and everyone else and the rest is up to you what ever you do I will respect it because islam is all about respect may god guard you to the right way
    cassini Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Jun 16, 2007, 03:17 AM
    There is good things in all religion. I am a muslim but I love hinduism very much, because this religion created a person like MAHATHMA GANDHI- MAN OF AHIMSA-NON VIOLENCE, HE LEAD INDIAS FREEDOM STRUGGLE WITH PEACE FUL METHOD AND INDIA WON FREEDOM FROM BRITISH , WITHOUT VIOLENCE. HIS FAVOURITE RELIGIOUS TEXT IS BAGAVAT GITA. I f we accept all religion means there is an opportunity is to opened for being most civilized.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Jun 16, 2007, 04:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by aghamajid
    excuse me,our book is notwritten by a man,plzz stop saying that,no buddy has any rite to say anythin about any buddy's religion,am i abusing u no.sinners r in all de ers,there were also sinners at that time.
    The Qur'an was written by man. After about two years of receiving visions, Muhammad began to preach them, and started to get converts. And since Muhammad could not read or write, he recited these revelations to his disciples, who wrote them down. Eventually these transcribed recitations were collected into a book called the Qur'an which means "the reciting" or "the reading."
    cataleptic Posts: 16, Reputation: 0

Jun 16, 2007, 05:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ashleysb
    The Qur'an was written by man. After about two years of receiving visions, Muhammad began to preach them, and started to get converts. And since Muhammad could not read or write, he recited these revelations to his disciples, who wrote them down. Eventually these transcribed recitations were collected into a book called the Qur'an which means "the reciting" or "the reading."
    Here, Here! You hit the nail on the head there Ashleysb
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jul 18, 2007, 02:41 PM

Hey Mrs Dead,

No one, not even your parents can force you to follow Islam or any other religion.
    If they force you to do it, this means that your heart will not believe what your tongue is saying. Allah swt does not accept just your word of belief, it has to be belief from the heart.
    In your case, do research, study Islam,its basics and what it means and what entails, what it forbids and learn your own way INTO or OUT of the religion

Praying you will come to a good conclusion of your own...
    Regards,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I'm So confused [ 14 Answers ]

So, here is the deal, me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 2 and half years. A month or two ago so decides that she wants a open relationship. I didn't want one but to make her happy I said sure. She basically wanted one because she loves me deeply and I love her but she didn't t want...

Confused need help! [ 12 Answers ]

OK last year I met this guy and we started "talking" well a long story short I went away for a couple of days and came back and some stuff was told to me about him and I ended it because I have been through enough and I already don't trust do to parents and boyfriends who have hurt me in the worst...

Confused [ 4 Answers ]

OK I know this guy since I was one years old we grew up together and he was like a brother to me his 21 right now and I am 17 years old. So one day I was alone and he knew that I was going to be alone he called me. We were talking and all his like I am going to come to your house I was like naw bro...

Confused [ 5 Answers ]

Hi... I am new to this site. I wonder if someone clairvoyant can answer this. I think my boyfriend is cheating on me. I wanted to leave him, but I guess I'm still holding on so that I don't feel lonely. We've been together for only a year. I had a bad break up before I met him (3 years ago), and I...

View more questions Search