Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lightning14j Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2013, 10:10 PM
    Asking for space.
    Ok so me and my girlfriend have been going out for about 3 month, and I'm wondering if maybe I should just start giving her space now, vs. waiting till that 5 or 6 month mark were just about every girlfriend asks for space.

Is this a good idea, will she just think I want to leave her, or should I not and just wait till we hit that point and just take the blow that way?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2013, 10:17 PM
    You took a survey and learned that girls ask for space at the 5 or 6 month mark??
    lightning14j Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2013, 10:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    You took a survey and learned that girls ask for space at the 5 or 6 month mark???
    No its just that in every relationship any of my friends, family, etc.( only guys) have ever been in they say that at around 6 months there girlfriend asked for space, it seems like there is something about that half a year mark that makes girls really question a relationship( which is stupid cause more than half of them already say I love you by then to) funky right?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 30, 2013, 10:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lightning14j View Post
    No its just that in every relationship any of my friends, family, etc.( only guys) have ever been in they say that at around 6 months there gf asked for space, it seems like there is something about that half a year mark that makes girls really question a relationship( which is stupid cause more than half of them already say i love you by then to) funky right?
    What if she doesn't ask for space?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 03:22 AM
    no, they do not ask for space, asking for space is either a sign of two things, the one person is being too controlling or smoothing the other. Or they just want to break up, asking for space is a normal I want to break up wording.

Most real couples do not want or ask for space but at 5 or 6 months have grown closer.

you need to relook at values and the type of friends, or type of relationships they have
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 08:13 AM
    Fr chuck is right and you will only create problems by starting something like that. She may think you are getting tired of her
    busymomma2013 Posts: 282, Reputation: 20

Jul 2, 2013, 08:30 AM
    I never asked for space at my 6 month mark with my now hubby.

We have been with each other for 10 years!

I think that if you give her space she will most likely think that there is a problem in the relationship.

If it is not broken, don't try to fix it.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 10:12 AM
    I will both agree and disagree with my colleagues - I have never asked for space UNLESS I was looking for a way out of the relationship. Have I been involved in relationships where the other person is all over me all the time, where I went to the bathroom and he (literally) lingered outside the door, where I couldn't go to the store by myself? Sure.

I have personal time - but that's not asking for space.
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2013, 11:47 PM
    Asking for space is another way of saying lets break up.
    marisamarie Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 3, 2013, 01:06 PM
    Honestly, I just went through this. My boyfriend and I were together for 6 months and he wanted "space" turns out he really wanted to break up with me because we supposedly had nothing in common. He is back with his ex. Unless she asks for space then give it to her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is space as in "space-time" a vector quantity? [ 2 Answers ]

Are space and time represented as vectors like, they are negative or positive depending upon a situation . If yes, how is it shown in space time graphs?

Girlfriend left because she needed space. Giving her space, but how do I get her back [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 1 1/2 years broke up with me. She said that she needed space. The reasoning behind this is that she says she just felt unhappy for a while, because of some of my actions. I love her dearly, and I have been giving her the space she has requested. She says that she loves me, but...

She needs her space [ 2 Answers ]

I have been dating a very nice woman for 2.5 years. She is 47, I am 50. She bought the house down the street from me as she was recently divorced. I have been in the dating scene for a dozen years and I knew that this may be to soon for her. We starting dating, and it has been a wonderful...

What do I do she needs space [ 4 Answers ]

I have been dating this girl we are in our mid 20's both working out of school. We hit it off so great, were together everyday so much I just went with it. She has a child and I am OK with that one hundred percent. Things went great then she had to move across town she got very stressed about...

About name space [ 3 Answers ]

what is the meaning of the following line <xsl:template match="/" and> <xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/tr/wd-xsl">

View more questions Search