Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trailscout Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 30, 2013, 12:38 PM
    Interference fit shafts
    I have a 3/4" diameter shaft 5" long supported at each end by ball bearings. I have another shaft that is 15mm diameter with special machining for fitment of a CVT driven clutch with the pulley cantilevered outboard on the shaft by 2 1/2”.

I would like to bore the 3/4” shaft and insert the 15mm shaft in an interference fit that would withstand 20 ft-lbs of torque applied.

Is this possible to do without stressing something beyond an allowable limit or introducing failure through fatigue?
    Attached Images

Check out some similar questions!

How can we Stabilize shafts using the idea of friction and wedge? [ 0 Answers ]

How can we Stabilize shafts using the idea of friction and wedge?That's all our prof told us.we have a shaft we want to stabilize it by wedge and friction I have nothing else to add.

Golf shafts, inc. (gsi) - statistics question [ 2 Answers ]

Golf Shafts, Inc. (GSI), produces graphite shafts for several manufacturers of golf clubs. Three GSI manufacturing facilities, one located in San Diego, one in Tampa, and the other in Boston have the capability to produce shafts in varying degrees of stiffness, ranging from regular models used...

Shafts and bearings [ 2 Answers ]

Hi gents , What kind of precautions and expertise should be taken in order to replace shafts and bearings in the easiest way on belt drive squirrel cage . Your comments will be appreciated .

Briggs interchangeable shafts? [ 1 Answers ]

Does Briggs make a shaft conversion from 1" straight keyed to a tapered shaft? It would be for a Vanguard 18HP engine. Thanks, John

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.