Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Goopy Gyne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 25, 2007, 01:14 AM
    Suitable digital cameras for my lense
    I have a Nikon F75 (D75 in the US) film camera with two lenses:
    [*]Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm 1:4-5.6G and[*]Nikon AF Nikkor 28-100mm 1:3.5-5.6 G

I would like to purchase a suitable Nikon digital SLR body with which I could use both of the above lenses.

I appreciate answers with a list of Nikon digital camera bodies which can use these two lenses.

Thank you
    Goopy Gyne
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Mar 25, 2007, 10:39 AM
    These are G lenses which means that they don't have an Aperature Ring. The only time this matters is if you have a manual camera. I don't believe you need to worry about that with DSLR cameras so any DSLR Nikon camera will accept those and more importantly make use of all functions of the lens such as auto-focus, metering, & Aperature control.

You can check on the Nikon site for a specific DSLR that you're interested in and it should tell you that your G-Type lens is fully compatible. Never hurts to check but generally you have your pick from Nikon's DSLRs.
    Goopy Gyne Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Dear Kajalat,

Thank you for your useful suggestions. I will certainly check with the Nikon website before I make the purchase decision.

Goopy Gyne

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Types of Cameras [ 4 Answers ]

What is a good but inexpensive camera that you have heard of or bought? I've been really interested in photography for a few years and want it to become my proffession when I'm older, but I don't have much experience as I only have a digital camera that doesn't have very good quality or zoom. Any...

Digital Cameras [ 2 Answers ]

If you could only afford to pay $500 to purchase a digital camera which one would you purchase and why.

Digital cameras and X-ray machines [ 1 Answers ]

I am thinking about buying a digital camera for a trip to China in the near future. Do airport security machines, x-rays, effect the quality of the digital images? On a recent trip to Egypt I took a regular 35 mm camera and bought the film in Egypt. It was to no avail because every hotel...

Upgrading cameras ? [ 3 Answers ]

I am currently using a 3.5 mp Sony cyber-shot that is a couple of years old. I am somewhat frustrated with it because I have to be reasonably close to things (something dogs don't like), but not too close (VERY hard to get good flower photos) and the colors are "off" on the blue/black/purple...

Need to find something suitable [ 1 Answers ]

I need to find an intense, opera like song for a film project I'm doing. I need something like the song played on the commercial for red-hot pringles or on the spiderman2 trailer. If anyone knows of anything like this I'd appreaciate any and all opinions.

View more questions Search