Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Coonass71111 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 04:12 PM
    Louisiana tree law
    I have been asking my neighbor for two years now to please remove his pine tree because it had began to lean. As it began to lean further we discussed it again now the further it leans the faster the roots are growing to support it. Well I have given the neighbor quotes and statements by licensed arborist that the tree was eventually going to come down on its own if something is not done but he says he wants to wait to take the tree down this has been going on for two years now I finally contacted his Insurance co. and told them that this tree is a danger according to two arborist the supporting roots have reached my foundation and driveway. The foundation people came out and another arborist and a driveway man and said this is what is causing the damage to my house is the neighbors tree My Neighbor nor his insurance company are doing anything about it. Yet my driveway is being pushed up on one side and the house is dropping from all the moisture being removed from the side of the foundation where the roots have went under my slab. The foundation folks said the roots had to be cut and the arborist says they are the supporting roots so it is damaging my house more and the roots cannot be removed and the neighbor feels as though it is no big deal. What do I do. I have already contacted the Louisiana insurance commission. The right side of my yard is saturated in roots from the neighbors tree even the Adjuster must have been on their side. He was standing all over the roots some bigger then him and had the nerve to ask me to show him the roots. What should I do?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 05:19 PM
    File suit against him for damages based on negligence. Then after the court orders it the tree will come down. It sounds to me like this person is just hoping it comes down in a storm and his insurance pays for the tree removal and clean up.

Be sure to take pictures and have your documentation ready so you can seek out a lawyer.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2013, 06:30 PM
    Get estimates to repair the damage to your property. You will need them to arrive at an amount to sue for. So you sue to a) have the neighbor remove the tree, b) repair your property, and c) your legal costs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inheritance law in Louisiana [ 1 Answers ]

My mother has four children. In her will she left her home and property to one child. Can she disinherit the other three?

Louisiana Law [ 3 Answers ]

Providing they all have separate beds, can my three daughters share a room? They are 5,3,&2. I need to know if this is legal.

Louisiana state law for cutting someone else tree? [ 4 Answers ]

What is the law for someone like your neighborcutting on your tree?

Succession law in Louisiana [ 1 Answers ]

If there is dispute over just 1 piece of property left to 4 heirs in a will - which has already been put into probate - is it possible to "close out" the rest of the succession and separate the 1 piece of property to be decided upon either later or individually of the remaining assets? And by...

Louisiana Inheritance Law [ 1 Answers ]

Couple with 3 adult children over age of 25. Owns home and property, husband has annuities from retirement. Spouse is currently benefifiary of annuities. Husband trying to write a will leaving house and real property to spouse along with savings account. Would like to split the annuities appx...

View more questions Search