Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kyangel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 06:12 AM
    Evicted from home in KY
    We lived in home 3 years with no payments now they evicted us don't squatter rights help

We were evicted but have not paid for home or heard from them in 3 years ,does ts right co
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 29, 2013, 06:29 AM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I moved your posts to its own thread. I'm assuming you are in KY since the other thread was specific to KY.

And no, there are no such things as squatters rights. You have no rights to live in property you don't own unless the owner allows you to. You should be thankful you got to live rent free for 3 years. If I owned the property you would have been out after a month of no payment.

If you were legally evicted, you should have had a hearing where you could have pleaded your case. Did you try to plead squatters rights at that hearing?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 06:30 AM
    What were you doing in the home for 3 years? Did you think, for some reason, you owned it?

Or were you renting? Were you buying and failed to make the payments for 3 years?

"Squatter's rights" aren't going to help you, but details would help us.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 07:26 AM
    No, you can be evicted, since you were not paying rent for 3 years, I am sure you put that rent money into savings, and have money to find a new place.

In fact, if you were suppose to pay rent, they may sue you for all the money owed
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 01:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    No, you can be evicted, since you were not paying rent for 3 years, I am sure you put that rent money into savings, and have money to find a new place.

In fact, if you were supposed to pay rent, they may sue you for all the money owed
    And if OP was not renting, they might be prosecuted for criminal trespass.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Own home, rent lot, can teen son's behavior get me evicted and lose home? [ 10 Answers ]

I own a modular home but rent the lot it sits on in a mobile home community. My 16 yr old son was supposedly seen smoking pot on the property by an employee. Can I be evicted? If they did see my son with drugs, shouldn't the police have been notified? How do I protect myself and my home? I live in...

Can I be evicted form my home by my husband [ 2 Answers ]

Can my common law husband evict me from our house before we file for divorce?

How long in sc do you have to leave a home if your being evicted? [ 1 Answers ]

My land lord is going to put a lock on my door with all my belongings inside. I have not received any notice in writing. Is it legal to put a lock on someone's door ? What do I need to do at this point? Thanks, ...

Can I have my 18 year old son evicted from my home? [ 3 Answers ]

My wife and I have an 18 year old son who recently graduated from high school and is currently living at home with us. He has been verbually abusive towards both of us for years and is now starting to be phsically abusive to me. He has hit me several times within the last 6 months and I have...

Mold in my home and I am being evicted [ 5 Answers ]

Ok sorry but this may be a long one due to all the details but I am at a lost as what to do so aaccept my apology now. I am a tenant in a home that a friend of our owns in California. Prior to moving in the home was bought as a foreclosure and it was a total wreck. Agreed between our friend and...

View more questions Search