Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tebr7022 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2013, 10:30 AM
    Money out of 401(k)
    My name is Terry Bradley and already have a loan from my 401k plain is there any kind of way I can get money off the amount that I have accumclate from my 401k
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 28, 2013, 12:23 PM
    First, its not a good idea to piggyback your question on another thread. To avoid confusion I've moved your post to its own thread.

I'm not clear on your question. Are you asking if you can get another loan or withdraw some of the remaining balance or what?

Some plans permit multiple loans. You will have to ask your plan admin about that.

But the cost of withdrawing is prohibitive.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 02:59 AM
    Is this a 401K from a plan with the company you are still working for ? Or a past employer ?

How much money is left ? How old is the loan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my retirement money now k 401 [ 1 Answers ]

I am oversee and need my retiremant money because of the circustmases. K401 Illinois former state employer.

I need my 401 k money now--how do I get it? [ 2 Answers ]

I got laid off from my job 3 yrs ago and now I could really use my 401k to help with bills. There probably isn't much in there at all but anything helps at this point. Where do I find out how much I have and how do I get it. I don't care about penalties and all that stuff I definitely just want my...

401 k money [ 2 Answers ]

How much tax do you have to pay back when you take money out of your 401k plan using it for closing costs on a house.

How can I get my money out of my 401(k) [ 9 Answers ]

I am 30 yrs. Old and working. I am 100% vested in my 401(k) and have had the product for 9 or 10 years. I need to take the money out of the fund and use it for other purposes. There isn't a lot of money in the account (about 5500), and I took out a loan a little over a year ago on it and still...

View more questions Search