Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Treacle2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2013, 10:35 AM
    Teeth
    I have abscess on my tooth and on antibiotics for 2 days now and keep sweating and balance off a little is the normal? But I do have axiesty so this doesnot help

>threads merged<
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jun 28, 2013, 11:05 AM
    Abscesses are bacterial infections. If around the teeth and mouth, they can cause inflammation in the sinus cavity and eustation(?) tube of the inner ear. Your sweating is probably due to fever. Drink a lot of fluids, stay off your feet and rest. Let the antibiotics work.
    Treacle2011 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 09:26 AM
    Teeth
    I am taking antibiotics amoxicillin 500 mg are they supposed to make you feel sick and turn you stomach I still have abcess but tablets are making me even worse jo
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 11:24 AM
    Amoxicillin makes me (pretty much) deathly ill and gives me totally disabling diarrhea. Unforunately, when I had an abcess that was all that would work for me.

I've very slender - and I lost 8 pounds that first week on the medication.

Have you tried taking it with food?

Jun 29, 2013, 01:47 PM
    Ifd you are taking a medication like Amoxicillin and it makes you that sick, it's quite possible that you are allergic to it. There are others that may not have the same effect on you. You need to call the dentist and let him know the meds are making you sick. NEVER continue to take a medication that causes severe side effects. I am a cancer patient and side effects can be deadly, even with antibiotics. My meds ALL produce side effects but I am motioned constantly. Just stopping the Amoxicillin will stop the side effects and won't make you sicker,, call the dentist get something else.
    sweetismami28 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jun 29, 2013, 02:17 PM
    Amoxicillin made me have to keep a bucket beside my bed all night it couldn't stay down. Toss them in the toilet and ask dentist for something else.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 02:18 PM
    There are infections which ONLY this medication will clear up - it's not a matter of user's choice.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 02:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetismami28 View Post
    Amoxicillin made me have to keep a bucket beside my bed all night it couldn't stay down. Toss them in the toilet and ask dentist for something else.
    Do not toss them in the toilet!

First, the OP should speak to his doctor about this, and if there is another medication he can use, the current medication should be disposed of properly, not flushed down the toilet.

Jun 29, 2013, 02:55 PM
    I am going to respectfully disagree with you on that point, Judy
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 03:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman2007 View Post
    Judy is correct, and that certain meds work for certain individuals.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 29, 2013, 03:39 PM
    Then you are wrong. As a nurse, I know that there are certain bacterias that respond ONLY to certain antibiotics. Judy was correct.
    Uber Member

Jun 29, 2013, 03:46 PM
    No problem, Handyman. I do know something about this - late husband was a Pharmacist, losing his sight, I was his eyes and hands at the training seminars. Every now and then I paid attention!

But I do have to ask - every post I've made lately in the health category, you've followed =- ?
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 09:26 AM
    The "toss them in the toilet" remark is very irresponsible. Why would you flush a drug which makes you sick down the toilet, enabling it to eventually reach bodies of water and/or drinking water?

Jul 1, 2013, 11:02 AM
    And if I have followed them? I have not purposely followed YOUR answers. I simply chose this category for a while. And in response to the WRONG about Amoxicillin, my dentist has often prescribed Bactrim for abscesses and pre dental work for me because of my Leukemia. And it has always worked to clear them up.

Jul 1, 2013, 11:05 AM
    "certain meds work for certain individuals" That answers the question .
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 11:23 AM
    Hijacking the board - I had no idea you are battling leukemia. No idea, at all.

Please - and I mean it sincerely - post now and then and let us know how you are doing.

Jul 1, 2013, 11:53 AM
    I spend time her because it help keep my mind active as I cannot work and boredom isn't something I am used to. I suffer from MDS. Myleodysplastic Syndrome. I will be receiving a Stem Cell transplant sometime this year. It is the only curative treatment. I am OK with all of this. I have chemo monthly for 5 days and I am transfusion dependent. But my life could not be better. Thank you for the concern, and yes, I will admit that I get a little cantankerous at times.
    Uber Member

Jul 1, 2013, 03:16 PM
    Good to hear about the transplant.

I'm cantankerous all the time - and I have no explanation. At least you do.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 1, 2013, 03:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Good to hear about the transplant.

I'm cantankerous all the time - and I have no explanation. At least you do.
    Ditto. :)
    Uber Member

Jul 2, 2013, 06:54 AM
    "I think you should visit your dentist immediately for diagnosing the effect of dental abscess. Though, painkillers (analgesics) may help reduce the pain and antibiotics like amoxicillin or metronidazole help in preventing the infection from spreading."

What? "Though painkillers ..." makes no sense. Antibiotics "kill" infection. Their purpose is not to keep it from speading.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Daughter had teeth pull had new teeth put in same day ,can barely open her mouth [ 2 Answers ]

Daughter can 't open her mouth wide, jaw seems to out of a line

Why am I having pain in my regular teeth after I got all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago. I wanted to know when I would be able to lay flat in bed? I have been propping up my head with pillows for the past 4 nights and wanted to know when is a good time to start sleeping normally. Also, I am having a lot of pain in my lower left side of...

Will front teeth that have cavities affect her adult teeth underneath? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is going to be 5 in a couple months and she has had some pretty extensive dental work... she's had bad enamel on her teeth and has been told she will have to have 1 tooth extracted and 2 others need a root canal and 2 crowns ontop. Now they are telling us she has a cavity in between her...

Lower denture teeth bite: gum line up or angle teeth forward? [ 8 Answers ]

:cool: Should the bite line of the teeth on the lower denture be forward of the centerline of the gum 5 mm? Would it be better to have the lower teeth in line with the gum?

View more questions Search