Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swimmer0714 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
    16 year old girl and have never been asked out or kissed
    I'm a 16 year old girl and I have never been kissed or asked out and it is making me feel as if I am not normal. I don't get it I'm pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but I am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. What's wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Mar 24, 2007, 09:15 PM
    Be bold, you must make things happen in your life. But do not evaluate you self worth based on criteria such as whether you have a boyfriend. You have a family and friends and that is all you really need. Study, stay out of trouble, take care of yourself, and stay in shape. Ask your friend for help, get involved in activities at church or anywhere you might meet someone nice. You must show that you are interested, (learn how to flirt). There is no reason to be shy, you are just as good as anyone else.
    texxxas Posts: 29, Reputation: 4

Mar 29, 2007, 12:15 PM
    Aw, babe, there's nothing wrong with you, some girls are late bloomers and some just want to start young, I'm 22, and I didn't know how to kiss or anything until I was 18. Sometimes guys are scared to approach a girl who they feel is out of their league, you said you're pretty and smart, that's pretty intimidating, if you like a guy, flirt with him, but don't over do it, and he'll come around, with time, you'll learn, and when you date and hang out, you'll learn even more, it's completely normal to feel awkward for being 16 and never have kissed a guy or what not, but you're still young, it's okay. Just keep your head up, be confident, get yourself out there and meet new people, it's hard when you're shy, but that's why you have a few close girlfriends, who'll break you in, good luck and I promise, you'll be dating like crazy soon
    ncgirl_21 Posts: 79, Reputation: 6

Mar 29, 2007, 01:18 PM
    There's notthing wrong with you I never kissed anyone or dated anyone till I was 20 and it so happened that one guy I did have my first everything with is going to my husband in a few months
    eazy123 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 09:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmer0714
    I'm a 16 year old girl and i have never been kissed or asked out and it is makin me feel as if i am not normal. I don't get it im pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but i am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. Whats wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.
    Don't act like a slut but act like you want a guy and that's basically how I know when to approach
    theprodigy06 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 02:29 PM
    I'm a 16 year old girl and i have never been kissed or asked out and it is makin me feel as if i am not normal. I don't get it im pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but i am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. Whats wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.
    Don't even worry about not having a boyfriend at 16. Honestly coming from a guy, almost all 16 year old boys are wayy too immature, and anybody who is mature enough to feel you like that is most likely seeing "JAILBAIT" written all over you. Its OK to be shy, the guy will come along. If you have a guy in mind, just become friends. If you feel safe enough to let him make a move on you, let him. Most 16 year old guys just want to have fun anyway so I'm sure it won't be a problem for them
    thinwolf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Well all you need to do is don't be shy because people won't speak to u so start speaking OK chris

Apr 5, 2007, 12:01 PM
    Also I am 16 years old and I am singleas well don't worry OK u can speak to one of your friends and see what they say

Apr 5, 2007, 12:04 PM
    Smile to them don't worry speak to your friends I am 16:D :D :cool: :p
    Casper718 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 06:04 PM
    LIfe is very confusing at times... I find that you what maNY "GOOD" guys are looking for... Shy is a very good qualty to have means your clean... So the friends that you have might not like that your clean and maybe talk behind you so guys don't get involied... Theres a guy out there that looking for what you got and u'll find him when time comes... Right now don't worry out having a Boyfriend all he do is bring you down... Ur 16 look at colleges not in the mirror =) UR smart you should have seen that =)... Good LUck and there nothiing wrong with you its all the guys that looking for that quick hit and run STAy SAFE and God Bless Happy Easter
    deirdreluv Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 02:20 PM
    I know exactly what you mean I am the same age. I think the same when I am walking down the hallway and people are holding hands and kissing. I wonder what is wrong. I feel like a loser. But the same as what everyone else says, the right time will come. Until I got to high school nobody told me (that was in the same grade) how pretty I was. I dream about it. I guess I am the same way as you I would never ever ask out a guy! So I am in the same boat as you. I hope you will have luck.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Apr 11, 2007, 10:56 AM
    Aw honey, there is nothing wrong with you!
    klimlor Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2007, 07:30 AM
    I'm a 17 year old guy never kissed or anything.. I had a g/f for 3 days and she cheated on me the second and I found out.. I know where your coming from it does feel like there's something wrongi think the same things... few friends are like nothings wrong with you and I'm like well then why wouldent these people (girls I like) go out with me. And they "dont know" but I am also shy but trying to work on that... but I keep trying and after being rejected so many times it gets easyer to take nos from people.. but find a nicr guy who's not going to screw you and leave you.. also don't put out fast... guys like sex but I feel that its more specal if you wait a while till you trust the person
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
    Well I'm 21... I never dated in high school... When I got out of high school I had my first boyfriend.. I was then 18... I never kissed a boy until I was 17... If I could do it all over again.. I don't think I would have rushed a relationship.. I rushed it because I wanted to see what it was like to have a boyfriend... Everyone made it seem like it was or is so much fun I use to feel so left out... We all go out to the movies and my friends had a boyfriend or girlfriend and I didn't... Dont get me wrong Its nice to have someone there or someone to talk to when you don't want to talk to anyone else... but Its not what its all cracked up to be.. I mean don't get me wrong I love him to death and I don't know what I would do without him but it all could have waited.. I met him in Sept. and that's when I was suppose to go to college but I didn't because all I wanted to do is be with him... I had put college on the back burner... I look at it now and I think to myself like man I could have been in college for 3 years already have one more year to go and get out making good money... But its not his fault I wanted to be up his 24/7... Everything happens for a reason... Now he kind of put me in my place... But honey don't rush it... When it happens it will happen... GOOD LUCK!
    Shaunta Posts: 204, Reputation: 8

Jul 1, 2007, 09:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by klimlor
    im a 17 year old guy never kissed or anything.. i had a g/f for 3 days and she cheated on me the second n i found out.. i know where your coming from it does feel like theres something wrongi think the same things... few friends are like nothings wrong with you n im like well then y wouldent these people (girls i like) go out with me. n they "dont know" but i am also shy but trying to work on that... but i keep trying and after being rejected so many times it gets easyer to take nos from people.. but find a nicr guy whos not gona screw you and leave you.. also dont put out fast... guys like sex but i feel that its more specal if u wait a while till you trust the person

Well if you're a good guy like you claim to be and im pretty sure you are... you are going to find yourself a nice girl... dont rush it... you guys are two young... it seems like its such a great thing (which sometimes it is) but the headaches and heartaches aren't... take your time... wait til your out of school... just focus on school, work, and your family you have the rest of your life for a girlfriend..
    alanalov Posts: 88, Reputation: 2

Jul 1, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Why worry?

RElax... it'll come when the time will be right
    sally_sally Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 12:55 PM
    Hey, I know exactly how you feel, I am just the same, never ever been kissed or asked out NEVER and I just don't get it. I dress nice and I always thought I was pretty but for some reason I just can't seem to attract people in the way I want to!! Its frustrating because when I like somebody I just don't ever know what to do!! If u want to chat reply to this and ill give you my email!!

Sep 10, 2007, 01:09 PM
    You should see this as a good thing for you. For guys especially during their teenage years, they don't understand how to control approach anxiety. Typically, the girls that get asked out, and start becoming sexually active first all have one thing in common. They're responsive to the guys. This initiates some level of comfort to be built for the attraction.

You're not doing anything wrong and to some you are more desirable for this character trait. However, if you want to let loose of your wild side, show responsiveness. Kinesthetic touch is usually the easiest way to initiate comfort, also called Kino, usually reserved for guys on girls, but when you're talking to a guy that you like, show signs of interest.

Any guy would like to build a stable relationship with any girl at high school. You just have to understand that as a female you have the power of selection, which means you can be picky. And use that to your advantage.

Also enlargen your social circle, meet new people. The high school world can appear so small when you hang out in the same circle of friends forever. There's a clear line between being labeled a slut and just a pimpcess, learn how to play your cards right.

And the biggest thing in my opinion is feeling comfortable in your own skin. This is hard especially when you're body starts going through changes (don't I sound like your mother). But when you feel comfortable in your own skin, you project much better body language clues. This also allows for guys to build comfort around you. Its very hard to read your body language, when you're self conscious.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 03:15 PM
    Hun, relax!
    Look, I am 23, never had a boyfriend, never kissed.
    I never regret not having a boyfriend, it's good for you, trust me.
    That way you focus more on school and work. Wait until the boys grow more mature;)

Sep 10, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Hun, relax!
    Look, I am 23, never had a bf, never kissed.
    I never regret not having a bf, it's good for you, trust me.
    That way u focus more on school and work. Wait til the boys grow more mature;)
    For someone who's never had a boyfriend or kissed, you sure do write a lot of responses in the dating and relationships category. :-D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend kissed a girl! [ 18 Answers ]

:eek: I have been with my girlfriend for four years. I am 27 and she is 24. Never in that time has she shown any indications that she wanted to kiss another girl or view other females in a sexual fashion. Also, in 4 years neither of us have cheated and we trust each other completely. She got...

Motivating a 7 year old girl? [ 14 Answers ]

Need Advice for motivating a 7 year old girl?? Background: My 7 year old daughter attends a private Christian school and is in the 1st grade. She also takes private singing and piano lessons on Monday evening, group singing on Tuesday evening, and art class after school on Thursday. She is...

11 year old debt suddenly asked to pay [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old debt from an old $3100 credit card account. All of a sudden I get letters threatening me to pay. Verbiage like if you do not respond you will be held in contempt and incarcerated. I live in New Jersey and thought that after 6 years they can't do this any more and the debt is...

Kissed a drunk girl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I kind of have a problem. I was the DD for my friends party last weekend. Everyone, well, but me was drinking. Some girls came over, and we danced and had fun for hours. I was dancing and went over to some girls. A really cute girl I hadn't seen for a long time kissed me and we danced....

Girl kissed another guy when she was drunk [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 19 yr old male and I have been kind of seeing a woman I met at work. By kind of seeing I mean we kiss a little and cuddle no sex or anything serious. We both like each other but aren't sure if we want a relationship. Well last weekend we went to a party and she drank too much and kissed her...

View more questions Search