Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 03:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by theprodigy06
    for someone who's never had a boyfriend or kissed, you sure do write a lot of responses in the dating and relationships category. :-D
    Yes, I sure do. I learn from others and I think my clear mind would help people in mad love.
    I also learn from every case in this forum, that will sure help me be successful in my future relationship.
    theprodigy06 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nicespringgirl
    Yes, I sure do. I learn from others and I think my clear mind would help ppl in mad love.
    I also learn from every case in this forum, that will sure help me be successful in my future relationship.
    But the mating game is all about instinct and intuition. Why make the process anymore mechanical, and systematic than it should be? Advice is one subject of matter, but theory serves no purpose in social interaction.

I think you should step away from the forums and find yourself in situations. I promise you'll be giving much better advice ;) .

Sep 10, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by swimmer0714
    I'm a 16 year old girl and i have never been kissed or asked out and it is makin me feel as if i am not normal. I don't get it im pretty, really smart, nice, fun, but i am shy. I need help everyone around me has boyfriends but me. Whats wrong with me. I need advice on what to do. Please Help.
    Don't blame yourself, its not you, its us. Pick a few nice boys to built comfort around, and constantly attempt to meet new people. Don't let your shyness get the best of you. Just remember to feel comfortable in your own skin, don't be self-conscious, and SHOW that you're open. Otherwise, how can you expect for adolescent boys to approach you when you show negative body language, let alone grow attracted to you if they can't be comfortable around you.

I couldn't even make the move for my first kiss, the girl made the move. I didn't think of her as a slut for doing so. And I didn't have too much interest in the girl. But it was a clear sign she had interest in me. If you establish a certain level of comfort, the guy will not show any sign of discomfort and play along.

That's the main thing I've noticed with girls in high school and older women, body language. And guys really react to body language more so than any other form of communication, so work at it. Loosen up, and don't worry, the true keepers are the ones who didn't lose their virginity till after high school (in my experience)
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 03:36 PM
    But the mating game is all about instinct and intuition. Why make the process anymore mechanical, and systematic than it should be? Advice is one subject of matter, but theory serves no purpose in social interaction.

I think you should step away from the forums and find yourself in situations. I promise you'll be giving much better advice ;) .
    I see what you mean, I am planning on getting well established before I start dating.
    My focus might be different from most of my peers, I am more career oriented, and I am following my direction that's all.
    Do you think there is some adive I gave not proper? I like to hear that.

Sep 10, 2007, 03:52 PM
    I see what you mean, I am planning on getting well established before I start dating.
    My focus might be different from most of my peers, I am more career oriented, and I am following my direction that's all.
    Do you think there is some adive I gave not proper? I like to hear that.
    Well I wouldn't be able to tell you if you gave any improper advice (nice way of saying, I haven't read any of them). And I think its also great that a young lady can relate to an entreprenuerial figure who will be successful. But in the dating game, (this is particular to people with intellectual ability) too many people picture the perfect relationship, on paper. If anyone can say their first relationship was successful, they're lying to themselves, or they're extremely lucky. Being career oriented is one thing, but building and maintaining relationships contribute a lot to career building because you pick up a lot on interaction and socializing.

Remember its not supercomputers behind the hiring process at any company. Its PEOPLE.

I don't have a college degree, and I'm young. But I've found placement as a software architect working side by side with college graduates holding Master's Degrees and I'm still running the show here.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 03:58 PM
    Well i wouldn't be able to tell you if you gave any improper advice (nice way of saying, I haven't read any of them). And I think its also great that a young lady can relate to an entreprenuerial figure who will be successful. But in the dating game, (this is particular to people with intellectual ability) too many people picture the perfect relationship, on paper. If anyone can say their first relationship was successful, they're lying to themselves, or they're extremely lucky. Being career oriented is one thing, but building and maintaining relationships contribute a lot to career building because you pick up a lot on interaction and socializing.

Remember its not supercomputers behind the hiring process at any company. Its PEOPLE.

I don't have a college degree, and I'm young. But I've found placement as a software architect working side by side with college graduates holding Master's Degrees and I'm still running the show here.
    Lol, I deal with people everyday, I travel for business, I work with mostly men. I have great social skills and outgoing personality that puts me into a very competitive job position.
    There is culture difference here, asians that move to the US are more focused on getting well established and then build a strong family. U will see other asians just like me.

P.S. I will start look for a house before I look for a man.;)

Sep 10, 2007, 04:12 PM
    lol, I deal with people everyday, I travel for business, I work with mostly men. I have great social skills and outgoing personality that puts me into a very competitive job position.
    There is culture difference here, asians that move to the US are more focused on getting well established and then build a strong family. U will see other asians just like me.

P.S. I will start look for a house before I look for a man.;)
    Actually my parents are asians just like you. I was born and raised here but my parents are from Korea. I see that they're focused on being successful, however the main reason I drew my own path down life is simply because of the fact that they were not able to enjoy life. I still see a little bit of my parents in me, where I find myself stressed on work, but if there's one lesson I learned in life, is to develop social skills. My parents quickly found themselves drenched in a 7 day work schedule, struggling to deal with their marriage (the word "deal" is exactly the word to describe how they spend their time together), always attempting to do more than meet ends, finally end up stressing themselves out.

But its rude to stomp out a 16 year old girl's question and start carrying on our own conversation in the middle. Let's return to helping out our younger reader, and if you want to carry on this conversation, I have a private message box waiting.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:17 PM
    Lol, I was helping her! I said wait until the boys around getting more mature! And simply give her a real life example that would smooth her, not worried about it, there is someone older than she is that not done this yet.
    I was talking to her!
    Did you think I was replying on your question?If I didn't make it clear, my fault.
    Sorry if there is any miscommunication.
    I was exactly telling her what to do... geez.
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 04:21 PM
    Never mind... sorry... I misread this time. :D
    Lol, good to see asians here, thank you for your concern, I am not stressed, I have found inner peace and as I said I travel for business, how bad is that?;)
    I do lots of fun stuff on weekends and I was playing gold with co workers before I got on this forum.
    Don't worry, good to meet you.
    No offensive, and I am off from the soap box now.:P
    texasman1821 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by sally_sally
    hey, i know exactly how you feel, i am just the same, never ever been kissed or asked out NEVER and i just dont get it. i dress nice and i always thought i was pretty but for some reason i just can't seem to attract people in the way i want to!!! Its frustrating because when i like somebody i just dont ever know what to do!!! If u wanna chat reply to this n ill give u my email!!!
    Im almost 21 and have not kissed a girl either,its eating me alive and Im not even bad looking! John
    katringette22 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Dec 9, 2007, 02:53 AM
    I'm a 16 year old female and I'm the same way I've never dated or been kisssed of any nof that by I seem to have a couple really close guy fiends I like being single until I start to feel lonely then it can both me a bit
    xxluvmexxhatemexx Posts: 45, Reputation: 0

Mar 30, 2008, 05:17 PM
    If u haven't been asked out just ask out the guy u like he might say yes
    LFlow Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 09:35 PM
    Well this is natural, I will recommend you to be more active in skool and less worried about getting your first kiss or boyfriend because 1-lik digy06 said most 16 year old boyz are immature and 2-in life, ders time for everythin so trust me don't worry, enjoy this years and you will c that everythin you desire will come up sooner or later... stay in skool... lolz... good luk in life
    Sandraf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 07:52 PM
    There's nothing wrong with you at all! It will happen when you least expect it and when you stop worrying about finding someone, so just go along and have a good time with everyone. If you find a guy that you would like to get to know a bit better make it known and put the possibility out there. From my experience there are a lot of guys looking for clean, shy (but confident) girls.
    katringette22 Posts: 57, Reputation: 1

Apr 24, 2008, 08:31 PM
    Yeah, I'm just not going to worry about and in the end it will be fine
    happyJenny Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Apr 25, 2008, 07:24 AM
    Hi,come on.What are you worry about!Enjoy having no one.Because it will not last so long.I also did not have anybody date me before I was 17.But after 17 there always one but just not always who you want.Don't worry take this time to improve yourself.Good love always come later
    missinminnesota Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 10:39 AM
    I turn sixteen in a couple days and I'm in the same boat. I've never been kissed or ANYTHING by a guy. I don't know how many others at my school are in my boat but I know how you feel. We got to hang in there and hope that no one asks if we've ever had a boyfriend. My advice is to know that it will happen and don't beat yourself up about it. We've got our whole lives ahead of us. ;)
    Robbiestrat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 1, 2008, 02:39 PM
    You can have all the answers you want- we have a crew of guy & girls that you can say things the way you want. Once we know you are really a 16 year old girl (OUR AGE) and not a 75 year old dude.. . We will e-mail you all you want . Strat6string at Yahoo we can share pictures and you can talk to girls or guys or all of us we have webcam on msn or just e-mail

You just need to get use to talking without being scared.
    hjpan Posts: 902, Reputation: 29

Jul 2, 2008, 04:36 PM
    It's fine.. I did not date until I was 18
    growing_up Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Hey darl
    I know how you feel, but trust me it will happen. Im 16 and had no boyrfiends or anything until this year, and now I've had the interest of 7 guys. (But I only dated 2) Do you like anyone? If you do, then pursue him. The worst that can happen is rejection and its not that bad... everyone goes through it at some point. You just need to get out there and into the game. Its like a circle, you have to break into it and then once you are in it all just happens. I'm sure lots of guys have noticed you but are too scared. Just flirt and practice and be bold. But remember, you are not old. Plenty of girls your age have had no experience. Also, don't wish away being single. Its fun. Having a boyfriend isn't all its cracked up to be but I do understand wanting one. Txting and msn is the easiest way to flirt when you are starting, and when you are together just laugh and touch (playfully, like a soft punch or hug or piggy back.) Its all meant to be fun!! Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend kissed a girl! [ 18 Answers ]

:eek: I have been with my girlfriend for four years. I am 27 and she is 24. Never in that time has she shown any indications that she wanted to kiss another girl or view other females in a sexual fashion. Also, in 4 years neither of us have cheated and we trust each other completely. She got...

Motivating a 7 year old girl? [ 14 Answers ]

Need Advice for motivating a 7 year old girl?? Background: My 7 year old daughter attends a private Christian school and is in the 1st grade. She also takes private singing and piano lessons on Monday evening, group singing on Tuesday evening, and art class after school on Thursday. She is...

11 year old debt suddenly asked to pay [ 8 Answers ]

I have an 11 year old debt from an old $3100 credit card account. All of a sudden I get letters threatening me to pay. Verbiage like if you do not respond you will be held in contempt and incarcerated. I live in New Jersey and thought that after 6 years they can't do this any more and the debt is...

Kissed a drunk girl [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I kind of have a problem. I was the DD for my friends party last weekend. Everyone, well, but me was drinking. Some girls came over, and we danced and had fun for hours. I was dancing and went over to some girls. A really cute girl I hadn't seen for a long time kissed me and we danced....

Girl kissed another guy when she was drunk [ 6 Answers ]

I am a 19 yr old male and I have been kind of seeing a woman I met at work. By kind of seeing I mean we kiss a little and cuddle no sex or anything serious. We both like each other but aren't sure if we want a relationship. Well last weekend we went to a party and she drank too much and kissed her...

View more questions Search