Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cody25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2013, 09:23 PM
    My girlfriend wants to hang out with her friends more than me.
    Ok well, I've been dating this girl for four months now and I need help. For one she always wants to hang with her friends. When we first started dating it was the opposite, she wanted to be with me as much as possible. I just don't feel as close as I used to be with her.

She never puts smiley faces in texts anymore like that's not a big deal but its just a change. Whenever I say something nice to her all I get is a thanks. Nothing back. When I try to start conversations with her she just texts like she doesn't even want to talk to me. I don't know what to do. But she tells me she loves me and will never break up with me.

Sometimes when I'm at her house she gets on her computer or iPod and just acts like I'm not even there. Please someone answer my questions. I want to make my relationship with her stronger but I don't know what to do.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 27, 2013, 09:44 PM
    How old are the two of you? Our advice will differ according to ages.

Jul 2, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by J_9 View Post
    How old are the two of you? Our advice will differ according to ages.
    were both 16
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2013, 11:28 PM
    Sounds like the attraction is gone now. From personal experience, and don't quote me on this but this is a classic behavior of the "another guy" situation.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 3, 2013, 10:41 AM
    Have you tried not calling, not making plans with her, etc... to see if it makes a difference to her? Have you discussed our time your time with her? Maybe she thinks everything is normal and okay, maybe sh. Takes you for granted
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 3, 2013, 11:20 AM
    Welcome to the real world of relationships and dating. Thing are always great and easy when its new and exciting, but it changes greatly when both partners get comfortable with each other after a time. My best advice, is text less, and have things to do in person together.

Texting is great for keeping in touch and keeping informed but no substitute for face to face relating, caring, and sharing. Especially when someone can be distracted by other tasks or interests waiting for replies and meaning can be lost just using words.

You want a better relationship, actually do something besides electronic relationships. Use the phone, and don't be so needy of having all her attention and time. Maybe you are in a rut and its not going so well or she has distractions, so why force it when you should have friends and activities that you enjoy that keeps you busy.

She doesn't appear to be the snuggle, cuddle, make out type and watch TV, so adjust to it, and keep her company, or bring your own entertainment. But above all NEVER believe a 16 year old will NEVER break up with you, and NEVER assume she is the ONLY one for you.

That's just youthful BS in the first place. Read my signature below guy, and deal with your reality.

Jul 8, 2013, 06:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Have you tried not calling, not making plans with her, etc.... to see if it makes a difference to her? Have you discussed our time your time with her? Maybe she thinks everything is normal and okay, maybe sh. takes you for granted
    Nah I think she Just takes me for granted. She broke up with me the other da. I'm pretty downed about it... then I went to fair she was at last night and she was there with other guys and I watched her hug him. But she told me when she broke up with me she just needs time apart and she said she won't find another man.
    Expert

Jul 8, 2013, 06:45 AM
    She may not be looking for another guy, but she may have an interest in one, and is open to having more than just a friend with them. That's pretty normal with 16 year olds girls and boys to be fair. Feelings are subject to change even if partners don't want them to, or even understand why they did.

Jul 15, 2013, 09:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Have you tried not calling, not making plans with her, etc.... to see if it makes a difference to her? Have you discussed our time your time with her? Maybe she thinks everything is normal and okay, maybe sh. takes you for granted
    Yeah, I have just been letting her text me. I haven't texted her for the past 2 weeks and she will always end up texting me, then I will text her after she texts me. I'm kind of playing a hard to get thing to see if that will work
    Expert

Jul 16, 2013, 07:21 AM
    DUDE, texting cannot replace personal human interaction. I can dig you love being chased over your phone, but my gosh, playing games isn't the caring and sharing you need to build and have fun. Strokes your ego for the moment, but builds resentments later.

What game will you play next?
    donnasley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2013, 06:49 PM
    Personal real-time moments together matters more than anything. Maybe you should line up some fun things to do for each other and most likely things can turn around before you know it

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend gets mad when I hang out with friends? [ 1 Answers ]

Before everyone jumps to the 'controlling boyfriend' page, here's some background on the situation. My boyfriend and I have been together a year and four months, and besides him, I really don't have that many friends that I hang out with. I turned twenty one at the end of march (my boyfriend is...

My girlfriend keeps bailing on me to hang out with her friends [ 2 Answers ]

All right so a couple nights ago my girlfriend and I had plans to hang out, nothing formal. About 2 hours before I was going to leave for her house she said she had made plans with her friend Kim and she was going to sleep over and it might be awkward if all three of us were there. I was a little...

Why does my boyfriend hang out with his female friends and not me? [ 2 Answers ]

Me and my boyfriend have been together for 4 years and we have a beautiful son. But recently he has been coming home from work (he gets out at 10 pm) and then he tells me he is going to hang out with his friend who is female (whom I never met) right after he gets off. It upsets me because he...

Why doesn't my friends wants to hang out with me? [ 2 Answers ]

Maybe she doesn't like you and only say's she likes you because she feels sorry for you ( or she could just be a cow and think other people are more awesome then you)

Going to hang out with a married girl as friends OK? [ 4 Answers ]

I met this girl who is from the same country as me at a bar, along with her new husband. We were very excited to meet each other and to get a chance to speak our home language, so she told me to write down her phone number and call her. That happened in front of her husband with him watching. We...

View more questions Search