Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wiscony Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 09:04 PM
    Freshman physical science
    If an 18 wheeler and a sports car collide head on which vehicle will experience the greater force of impacr? The greater impulse? The greater change in momentum? The greater acceleration?
    vapidlamented Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2007, 01:07 PM
    You mean the greater deceleration. I would assume they would experience the same force of impact, if they were traveling at the same speed. However the sports car only weighs what, 1/2 ton if that, while the 18 wheeler is multiple tons, so you have to assume the 18 wheeler won't come to a dead stop, the sports car will, the 18 wheeler with continue to coast to a stop. The drivers would feel different forces acting on them, because going from 60 to 0 in a second is a lot worst then going from 60 to 0 in a matter of 15 seconds.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freshman Girl [ 12 Answers ]

There is this new freshman girl, that tries to talk to me. But she is shy, and does it through her friend. So when day she comes and sits on my lap at the lunch table. Then my teacher tells her to go back to her seat. The next week or so, she talk to me through her friend. The gives me her number....

Physical science in motion [ 1 Answers ]

A ship travels 11 miles in 50min. What is it's speed in miles per hour?

Physical science question [ 1 Answers ]

Molarity is the concentration of a solution expressed as A. moles os solvent per liter of solution B.moles of solute per liter of solution C. moles of solvent per 100g of solution D. moles of solute per 100g of solution :eek:

Physical custody [ 4 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a judge to decide to take away the physical custody for one parent to the other?? I'm a college student, and I don't work. However my husband work. If I get divorced, can the judge give the physical custody of my baby to my husband just because I am not working? I am...

Physical Custody [ 1 Answers ]

What would be the reason for a judge to decide to take away the physical custody for one parent to the other?? I'm a college student, and I don't work. However my husband work. If I get divorced, can the judge give the physical custody of my baby to my husband just because I am not working? I am...

View more questions Search