Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Water11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 27, 2013, 07:07 AM
    Can 1.5 inch copper line be connected to pvc?
    Can 1.5 inch copper line be connected to pvc without sweating? If so with what connectors?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jun 27, 2013, 10:24 AM
    You could use a 1.5 inch copper to PVC Dresser Coupling (see image) However. The best way would be to solder on a male threaded adapter to the copper pipe and glue on a female threaded adapter onto the PVC, Good luck, Tom
    Attached Images

massplumber2008 Posts: 12,832, Reputation: 1212
    Senior Plumbing Expert

Jun 27, 2013, 10:31 AM
    If this is a waste or vent line then I would use an 1.5" PVC x 1.5" copper shielded coupling for the job... see image. These are sold at all home improvement stores that I know of.

Do not purchase the all neoprene rubber coupling with 2 SS clamps... purchase the shielded ones as shown below.

Mark
    Attached Images

Mike45plus Posts: 230, Reputation: 27

Jun 27, 2013, 04:50 PM
    Be careful when using plastic female adapters, especially when connecting to an iron or copper male thread. Plastic adapters have a relatively thin wall, & it's very easy to over tighten them, and crack the fitting. We rarely use plastic female adapters, but when we have no other choice, we will snugly fit a stainless steel clamp onto the plastic adapter before turning the male thread into the fitting...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many gallons of water will flow through a 1 inch PVC line at 40psi per minute [ 1 Answers ]

I am coming off a 1 inch meter that is coming from a 6 inch water main and looking to find out how many gallons of water will flow per minute if the PSI of the water in the 1 in line is 40. I have a machine that requires 15gals per minute but would like to use the existing 1 inch meter on the...

Utility Sink connected to 5 inch cast iron waste line [ 2 Answers ]

I just purchased an home that was built well before plumbing. Apparently the waste line was installed before 4" became the standard, so my home has 5" cast iron which all of the professionals around here swear they've never seen before. The utility sink is connected after the y, by a "saddle...

Is it possible to connect PVC to a 3/8 soft copper line? [ 3 Answers ]

Is it possible to connect PVC to a 3/8 soft copper line? I'm creating a misting system out of PVC but I want to connect it to my city water supply, I'm not sure how to connect the two pipes best, I'm assuming soldering wouldn't be good, so I was thinking PVC glue or threading them somehow.

How to connect 1 1/2 inch copper pipe to PVC [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 11/2 in diameter copper drain pipe and need to connect it to a PVC pipe. What's the best way to do this? Thanks

View more questions Search