Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    briceguy89 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 09:22 PM
    Lyme Disease: Have you beaten Lyme Disease?
    Has anyone out there been successfully treated for Lyme Disease? There are so many treatment plans that it's hard to determine the best course of action. I'm currently on a treatment plan but I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 27, 2013, 04:36 AM
    I've had it and live in an extreme area.
    Yes, there are different theories even among the mainstream medical community.
    I beat it with the usual course of antibiotics with no loading dose as some recommend. I think I took them for 3 weeks. Some take more. People who don't recover usually end up getting them in a drip in an outpatient regime over days or weeks.
    My personal theory is that a less than healthy immune system allows just a few tiny spirochetes to survive the drugs and keep reproducing.
    All those antibiotics do a number on the health of the gut flora, so be sure to eat a lot of yogurt.
    I am starting to wonder about long term fatigue that might be from candida overpopulating the gut and getting through the GI mucosa. I'm wondering about this now, 2 years after drip antibiotics for cellulitis. A long story I won't burden you with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog had Lyme disease and got treatment but still not active... Is he OK? [ 1 Answers ]

My Jack Russell Terrier has recently suffered from the effects of Lyme disease but still seems a bit lame. Could he still has some of the symptoms of the disease or is he just being lazy? I am concerned that he is still sick...

Do any other insects carry Lyme Disease besides ticks? [ 0 Answers ]

Just curious if any other insects carry lyme disease besides ticks.

Does anyone know if Lyme Disease is related to my dog not having the ability to bark [ 20 Answers ]

About 2 months ago my dog woke up and tried to bark. An odd noise came out and since then he has not been able to bark. A week ago he was diagnosed with Lyme disease and had a number of symptoms. Can this losing his bark have anything to do with the Lyme?

Signs, Info on Lyme Disease? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog has just been diagnosed with Lyme Disease (had a positive test result, high fever, extremely lethargic, no appetite, depressed). He also had a positive test result (ASA? ADA? ANA? -- can't remember the abreviation) for "anticular antibodies" -- which the vet said means his body is attacking...

View more questions Search