Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Samnfl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 07:29 PM
    Leases without a termination date
    In a senior housing community in Florida can leases be written with effective starting date but no ending date?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2013, 07:57 PM
    Government assisted?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2013, 03:17 AM
    A lease without an expiration date is considered a periodic or month to month lease. Which means it can be terminated by either party with 15 days notice (in FL).
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 27, 2013, 03:36 AM
    So yes it can be written that way, but more information is needed to give any real follow up on what is happening
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 27, 2013, 04:21 AM
    It would help to know if this was offered to you, or you wish it were possible.

I can imagine this kind of lease in a gov't housing situation where rent is tied to income, and income has to be reviewed periodically, usually once a year.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 27, 2013, 04:35 AM
    Just to add, while there is no law saying a lease can't be written that way, there is also no law requiring a landlord to write them that way. So if the landlord doesn't want to offer them, they don't have to.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 27, 2013, 06:05 AM
    I'm thinking like Joy - periodic review of income. If income stays within range it's pretty much a valid lease forever. If not - terminated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Leases accounting - accounting for leases by lessor [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, Could someone help me with this problem please. I don't seems to know how to handle it. thanks in advance. Facts: given the following information: Lease term 7 Years from March 31, 200X Rental payments: $ 3,574 payable annually in advance Asset cost: $ 20,000

Leases [ 4 Answers ]

We have a lease with 2 names on it. The two are not a couple but now after 3 months one wants to move. This is a year contract. What are our options? He still wants to stay but is not that responsible. Please advise asap tx so much. Rox

Tenant rights termination of leases [ 7 Answers ]

I have leased a business office in California. The landlord wants me to sign an updated lease agreement which does not specify the length of the term of the lease.. . Previously it was month to month. That section is left blank. I do not like leaving blanks on a contract. What really concerns...

Property Manager made a Mistake in the date of lease termination [ 2 Answers ]

I am in desperate need of a fast reply! My husband and I signed our original lease May, 2007. On March 15, 2008 we resigned another year lease. At the time I assumed the original lease for carry through and the new yearly lease would start again in May and run through May 2009. January 2008...

View more questions Search