Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    astaves90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 07:58 AM
    My debt on sons credit report
    In 2004 I put my son on my credit card as an authorized signer so he could have dental work done. As soon as the work was done I removed him as an authorized signer. Now, my son is trying to purchase a home and my debt is showing on his credit report. I want to know how this can be removed from his credit report? I had no idea an authorized signer was considered responsible for the debt. When I talked to my credit card company, they stated this was a new law and it will always show up on his credit report, is this true? If not, how do we go about getting this removed?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2013, 08:07 AM
    Are you saying that your credit history (debts, payments) is showing on HIS credit report - sort of like he's a co-signer on your debts?

Without knowing what "new law" is being explained to you it's difficult to know - did anyone give you a citation, some sort of info about the "new law"?
    astaves90 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 26, 2013, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyKayTee View Post
    Are you saying that your credit history (debts, payments) is showing on HIS credit report - sort of like he's a co-signer on your debts?

Without knowing what "new law" is being explained to you it's difficult to know - did anyone give you a citation, some sort of info about the "new law"?
    Not on all of my debt just the credit card that I made him an authorized signer on. I have no idea what this new law is. I just want it off his credit report.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 26, 2013, 08:26 AM
    If he was an authorized signer it goes on his credit report - that's nothing new, not a new law.

You can always file an explanation with the reporting company. That is allowed and the various reporting companies will provide you with the forms. It doesn't remove the info, but it does allow you/him to explain it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 26, 2013, 08:47 AM
    I do not know why he had to be "on the card" to get dental work done, Why you could not have just paid for it, allowed them to charge your card.

But he is liable for this, You may look at a transfer of this amount to a new card ? Or just paying off the current balance on the credit card

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Main street sueing for credit card debt no longeron any credit report [ 1 Answers ]

Can main street sue for credit card debt no longer on any of my credit reports. No listing of any accts they listed on suit.

Can a debt collector report on a credit report that the wrong date was open [ 2 Answers ]

Your post is somewhat confusing, but this is my best guess: You opened a credit card in 2005 and defaulted on the payments. The credit card company sold the debt to a collection agency, probably in 2008, so the agency is listing their open date as 2008. You want to know if this is legal......

How to get an unpaid CC debt off my credit report [ 4 Answers ]

I have an unpaid credit card debt that was opened in 1999, and reported in 2003. I just got a letter from a lawyer about paying it, and have started making payments on the $3000 debt. In Oregon, how long does this get to stay on my credit report? I thought an unpaid debt must be removed from my...

Sort my credit report out-i'm in debt [ 3 Answers ]

I owe about $7,584.00 Total in Debt as of 8-29-08 $4,153.00 In installments-delinqent accounts?? $1,047.00 In revolving accounts?? $2,357.00 In collections current accounts?? And I have a Judgement It only says Liablity Is 3200 I assume that is the amount But not sure.:confused: I...

Debt is not on credit report! [ 5 Answers ]

Ok... I have been getting letters from a collection agency about an old B of A account that I had with another person... I know that account has been closed for at least 7 to 8 years.. I recently checked my credit report and it is not listed (I checked all 3)... however, they have been sending me...

View more questions Search