Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonwha Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2005, 12:34 PM
    Paris Etching Society- Boyer
    I purchased at an antique auction a Boyer print entitled "The Entrance". The number on the label on the back of the print is #11. The label states that this is an original etching and carries the SZL identification on the lower left front of the print. The left top of the front side of the print shows Copyright 1936 Camilla Lucas-NY-USA. The bottom left shows handwritten in pencil the words in French "Vieux puits"? On the bottom right of the print is the Boyer signature in pencil.

The print depicts a thatched cottage with a well in the foreground. The print is in immaculate condition. Any help or knowledge that anyone has pertaining to this print would be most appreciated.
    Will Zinken Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2005, 12:02 PM
    Camilla Lucas Print
    I too have a similar print as to the one you have described.
    It has a 1935 Camilla Lucas Copyright N.Y. in upper left corner.
    Also the 'SZL' triangular patch on the back. It indicates that it is an original etching imported from Paris.
    This etching is very similar to your picture as you described.
    It also has a thatched cottage with a person drawing water into a bucket from a well/pond in the foreground.
    However the title of this one is 'Le Chalet' and signed with the name- Alex.
    This picture was my Grandmothers, that I rescued from my Mother's garage sale. I have been curious as to it's origins and history of the artist etc.
    It is about letter size. If you wish to share any information about the similarities of these pictures, please respond. I would be willing to scan an image of it if you are interested.
    Regards -WZ
    Jeanne Carolyn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2005, 04:31 PM
    Boyer print
    The prints I have also has the left top of the front side of the print showing Copyright 1936 Camilla Lucas-NY-USA
    One shows thatched cottages in the background with water in the front with part of an old rowboat showing in the corner. The other shows thatched cottages up front with two gentlemen talking to each other. They both have Boyer written in pencil in the bottom right hand corner. Mine is letter sized also and I am curious as to the history behind it. If you would like to contact me on this forums page, we could compare notes further. Thanks
    katynel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 25, 2005, 06:29 PM
    Camilla Lucas 1938
    I fell onto this site while trying to find out info on an etching I have had for years approx 17 x 13 in size with the thatched roofed cottage along a country dirt road with a haystack on the opposite side of the etching, it says Philippe on the bottom right in pencil and on the left it says "Plaine, a Chartres" and copyright 1938 Camilla Lucas, Ny USA on the top right corner. I'm confused that I find in my search, many different artist names signed in pencil with the same recurring theme(the thatched roof cottage in the french countryside). All copyright by Camilla Lucas. Any insight or new info from anyone and a possible value if any?
    bagres Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2005, 09:44 PM
    Camilla lucas
    I also found a Camilla lucas in my house, in our previous house, our upstairs neighbor moved out due to illness and said we could keep or throw anything away, we kept some items. This item a painting/drawing (im not sure which one) of a bridge connected to a house/ barn like structure with a reflection in the water. On the bottom left there is a triangle with the letters szl in it, on the top left it says "copyright 1935 camilla lucas ny-usa. On the bottom right it says the word alex and on the bottom left, it has some writing which I can't understand.
    v wire Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2005, 09:26 AM
    Camille lucas?
    I have the same questions re: Camille Lucas... as far as I can tell she (her company) published etchings by other artists with her copyright signature at top. Anyone with information on this, please let me know.
    robert g. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2005, 01:13 PM
    I have a #11 "the entrance" by boyer-signed in pecil by boyer.
    :confused:
    Quote Originally Posted by sharonwha
    I purchased at an antique auction a Boyer print entitled "The Entrance". The number on the label on the back of the print is #11. The label states that this is an original etching and carries the SZL identification on the lower left front of the print. The left top of the front side of the print shows Copyright 1936 Camilla Lucas-NY-USA. The bottom left shows handwritten in pencil the words in French "Vieux puits"?? On the bottom right of the print is the Boyer signature in pencil.

The print depicts a thatched cottage with a well in the foreground. The print is in immaculate condition. Any help or knowledge that anyone has pertaining to this print would be most appreciated.
    robert g. Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2005, 01:24 PM
    THE "ENTRANCE".
    Quote Originally Posted by robert g.
    :confused:
    I have an original etching titled "THE ENTRANCE" by boyer. A #11 is on the certificate attached. On the bottom right is signed "BOYER" in pencil. The bottom left has another penciled writing i cannot make out. The top right has "COPYRIGHT 1936 CAMILLA LUCAS-NY-USA". The left top backside is stamped "MADE IN FRANCE". The picture itself is 6 1/2"X8 1/2",matted on a 10"X13" page. Is there any information available on this? Thank you
    samanthajaye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2005, 09:48 PM
    Camilla Lucas
    Mine is from 1935 and is titled "La Saulaire" by Charlot. Does anyone have any information on these etchings?
    lciminillo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 1, 2005, 11:53 AM
    The Inn Along the River
    My mother inherited a genuine Paris Etching titled "The Inn Along the River." It is signed by Boyer and the number is #209. We would like any information about the artist. Also, is this etching valuable?
    jim62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 07:36 AM
    Boyer --- Camille Lucas
    I also have a print signed by Boyer titled "Pieille Auberge" with what appears to be szl in a triangle in the left bottom corner and copyright 1936 camille Lucas NY-USA in the upper right hand corner. It is in excellent shape and has been in my family for over 50 years. Any information any one has about the art or artist will be appreciated.
    lciminillo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 07:44 AM
    Does anyone have an idea of how to find out the value of the etchings?
    jim62 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2005, 07:44 AM
    I also have a print signed by Boyer titled "Pieille Auberge" with what appears to be szl in a triangle in the left bottom corner and copyright 1936 camille Lucas NY-USA in the upper right hand corner. It is in excellent shape and has been in my family for over 50 years. Any information any one has about the art or artist will be appreciated.[/QUOTE]
    epgarcia50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2005, 07:18 PM
    camilla lucas - etchings
    I also have an etching... has anyone gotten any information on the origin of these and their value?
    epgarcia50 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2005, 11:21 PM
    Camilla Lucas
    I have now received a little info: Sidney Z. Lucas (SZL) was the owner of a New York business named The Old Print Center and he also owned a Gallery named after his mother, the Camilla Lucas Gallery, from 1928 to the 1950's. During these years he traveled to Europe several times a year and commissioned etchings by various French artists which he copyrighted and published under the "PES" (Paris Etching Society) imprint. I have been told that the value of an etching depends on the artist. Some of the French artists never made it big in the art world... and then some went on to become renown, and these early pieces can be very valuable. Each artist would name his etching and sign his name, usually in pencil. I was told that one etching by a particularly later-famous artist, went for auction in England for 57,000 pounds. Other etchings can be worth $5 -$10.
    virginiaceline Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2006, 07:34 PM
    A etching by Charlot copyright camele lucus
    I have purchased two pictures by Charlot, one is of the La Laulaie and the second is the La Loire both are dated 1935. I would like any information which would tell me about the artist and the value of the etchings.
    rh1037 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2006, 06:38 AM
    I have a Camille copyright NY USA 1935 top left, Orquian (Nieire sp?) bottom left and signed "Florence" lower right. Anybody know anything about this?
    luneburg1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2006, 12:00 PM
    Ii also have several prints from PES however the one described by Sharonwha on 2/1/05 named "Vieux patis" is signed by "Raffray" in my collection. Any body have any ideas?
    callista311 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
    i also like so many others have a print but is signed by Booyer with 2 o's its a couple of cottage houses on one side s small bed of water on the other and paths leading in and out with what looks like a church top way in the distance, beautiful colors, i found this website and it gave some great info on the subject! here it is deseretnews.com | French etching isn't that rare
    yet i still havent a clue the amout its worth, mine is framed in the original frame with the sticker on the back, im tempted to open it and see what # it is...ill keep searching for more info...
    edpimentel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 18, 2011, 04:43 PM
    Hi mine is 1937___ signed in pencil ---Pierre---named ferme en fura. Please contact me at [email protected] Thank you for your time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Paris Etching Society NY [ 4 Answers ]

I have been trying to research the signature on my etching. No luck so far on finding info on artist F. Roth and this etching "Canal de lyonne" . Sure could use some help . A nice #2 etching as described in my first message. Any one heard of him or know how I could find out about him?

Paris Etching Society [ 4 Answers ]

I have a framed etching entitled " The Yonne Canal, France" by F. Roth. The left bottom reads; 2, then SZL in a circle, Canal de l' Yonne 1 France. Signed F. Roth in the right bottom corner and Paris Etching Society NY USA in the top right. Would anyone have any information pertaining to the...

Paris Etching Society NY-USA [ 23 Answers ]

I have two etchings that have Paris Etching Society NY-USA in the upper right hand corner and a small circle with the letters S Z and L in it at the lower left corner. They are hand signed in pencil but I can't make out the name. One appears to be Le Beauvois with another signature to the Right...

Paris Etching Society [ 1 Answers ]

I have an etching by Paul Emile Lecomte and the Paris Etching Society that has been handed down for several generations in my family. The title of the etching is "The Hamlet in France" / "Le Hameau". It has the letters SZL in a circle and then in the bottom left hand corner NO. 8. It is...

View more questions Search