Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reb1982 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 05:20 PM
    Concerned
    I was dating a guy for 2 years and thought we were going to eventually marry. We ended up purchasing a home together and a year later he ended it. The house is for sale, and he is living there . I want to list it with a realestate agent but he does not want to . I asked him to finance the house under his own name since he still is living in the house and he does not want to do that either. What are my rights to get my name off the mortgage
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 05:49 PM
    You get your name off the mortgage note when it's paid off.

Do that with cash or by re-financing.

If your ex doesn't want to do that, you sue him for partition. What you will ask the court is that the house be sold, the mortgage be paid off with the proceeds, and that the proceeds be divided between the two of you equitablly.

Either that, or you file for bankruptcy protection.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concerned! [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys. I'm on birth control, have been for 3 years and I take it perfectly. Never missed a day, and take it at the same time everyday. I did have sex about two weeks ago, with a condom. But did fool around a little bit before without one. I am suppose to get my period in a week... Normally,...

Should I be Concerned [ 0 Answers ]

I got my period on Jan. 4 and it lasted the normal 5 days (2nd & 3rd day were very heavy), then on Jan. 18 I noticed a brownish discharge, that has continued but it is more pink now... I have never had spotting between periods (and I am not on any birth control... )... Not sure if this is normal or...

Should I be concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been long distance, planning to move together. Recently we both had personal issues that have been stressful. However, he has been distant and calling less so I said lets just talk tonight then and end this on good terms. Since that note, I have not heard from him. I have...

Concerned [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble with my sex life. I had my 4th son almost a year ago and lost him during the labor process due to a fatal condition my husband and I knew of months before. We chose to carry him to term and pray for a miracle. Anyway, the birth of my son was very tramatic. I pushed for over...

Should I be concerned? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! I'm a bit concerned and curious. I am 40 yrs old and have always had a relatively normal, regular 21 day cycle with periods lasting about 4-5 days. The last couple of months they have come early/late and lasted longer than normal. This month it was a couple days longer, then I...

View more questions Search