Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Cyclonus Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 03:46 PM
    Range of an electric car with a tesla turbine
    Assuming you have an electric car that can go 100miles at 70mph on a single charge, what kind of range could you get with the following configuration? An electric car that runs of the main battery bank. Vents on the outside of the car funnel air to a Tesla turbine while the car is in motion. The Tesla turbine recharges the cars main battery bank. I'm not asking if the car will run forever, I'm wondering what kind of range extension, if any, would the car get from the Tesla turbine?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 04:52 PM
    Probably end up with negative numbers... to run that you induce drag... drag decreases efficiency and increases consumption far more than any trivial amount you might generate.

Remember basic physics... for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 27, 2013, 05:33 AM
    smoothy is correct. The extra drag that is created by the turbine cannot be made up for by the energy output of the turbine. Consequently the car's range would be reduced.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I use solar or turbine to power slantfin electric boiler [ 0 Answers ]

Slanfin 72k BTU 21 KW 3 phase 6 element boiler powered by solar or wind power?

Can I use solar or turbine to power slantfin electric boiler [ 0 Answers ]

Slanfin 72k BTU 21 KW 3 phase 6 element boiler powered by solar or wind power?

Can you convert a gas range over to an electric range? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello! We just brought a started house and it is electric through out except for the cooking stove or range is gas. The problem is that it's causing our utility bill to run more that the house payments. I wanted to know if there is a way to switch from a gas range to an electric range. And if...

Can I switch from electric range to gas range [ 5 Answers ]

I have an electric range but I need to buy a new one. I heard that cooking on a gas range is so much better. My husband pulled the range away from the wall and there is a little pipe sticking out of the wall. Is that for a gas stove? Thank you!

Changing from a gas range to an electric smooth top range [ 1 Answers ]

What are the requirement for switching from cooking with a gas stove to cooking with and electric stove

View more questions Search