Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetEmmy Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 06:32 PM
    Off Depo & Concerned.
    I have been off depo for 3 months so far. My first month I had my normal 7 day spotting spree. & then the 2nd month I got it again. Normally. Well Today is March 24,2006 & I have yet to get any period. I haven't had sex, at all since I have gotten off depo. I have been single too. So Yea, Should I be worried? & is this a normal thing to happen. :confused:

Another thing that has been occurring, is fluxuating weight gain and loss. One minute I will be one number the next I weigh more, & I also get these moods where I feel useless and not good enough, are these still associated with depo? :confused:

The reason Im asking this is because Im worried about it magically appearing and ruining my time in Florida. Periods tend to make me feel like crap and not wanting to do or deal with anyone or anything.

Please help me!!
    MJ
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Mar 30, 2007, 03:37 PM
    All the things you are describing are the wonderful side effects of the shot this will probably go on for months it can take up to 12-16 months to leave your system depending on how long you were receiving the shot for.
    If you are that concerned about your period then go see the dr and ask for the pill that way you will know when its coming.
    SweetEmmy Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2007, 04:12 PM
    I was on depo for 9 months... because I had a boyfriend at the time. & now that Im single, I don't see a point because I don't have sex no more. & I also don't have the money to pay for it. I went to a clinic for it. Thank you so much for the advice. I appreciate it. I was just worried. Im only 19 so. I guess that normal for me. & the also only reason I was getting worried is because Im going on Vacation for a week On April 4th & I don't want an unexpected explosion. LOl

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot & missed periods [ 19 Answers ]

I was on depo for over a year. I had my last shot in October 2005 & never returned for another because after going to the dr. for tonsillitis he informed that the depo shot was the reason I had been gaining weight so quickly & my sex drive was completely gone. That having been said I have been...

First dose of the depo shot & missed period [ 3 Answers ]

Hello there... I gave birth to a baby girl on November 2nd 2006. On November 4th 2006 I received my first dose of the depo shot. After the normal bleeding in pregnancy ended after 2 weeks, a week later I had extreamly light bleeding in the beginning of December that lasted about 4 days. I ...

Very concerned? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 3year old boy, who complained to me that he's penis was sore. I looked at it and it was swollen real bad, he had no trouble urinating or anything like that, it's the top end that was swollen, anyway I took him to the doctor and he said it was inside the penis and that he might have...

Should I be concerned? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend was diagnosed with 'Genital Warts' recently and as a precaution I went to the Doctors (cause you just never know) - she referred me to a clinic to have tests done for STD's. I was screened for everything and they all came back negative which was a huge relief. I had had some...

Concerned... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently swtiched from Yasmin birth control to Orthotrycycline. I've been taking them as directed by my dr. I just got switched to a new insurance company and had just now gotton the ability to get the prescriptions filled. So I have not had a pill since Sept. 8th (Weds.) My dr. told me to...

View more questions Search