Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    john redd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 11:08 AM
    Replacing condenser fan motor.
    How do I replace a four wire , brown, blue, black,
    And red emerson condenser fan motor model
    Number k55hxhrd-8822 with a four wire, brown,
    Brown/white, black, and white A.O. Smith condenser fan motor model number f48v61ao1
    Grady White Posts: 1,417, Reputation: 59
    Ultra Member

Jun 25, 2013, 07:14 PM
    The brown & brown/white will go to the capacitor. The black & white will go to T1 & T2 on the contactor. Did you get a new capacitor when you got the motor? If not, you need to. The motor will be labeled with the correct capacitor to use with that motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing condenser motor [ 0 Answers ]

I'm replacing new condenser motor... the new motor has black, yellow, and two brown,wires ( for the cap.). The old motor has only three, black, white and purple wires, how do I connect the purple wire into the system?

Replacing a Rheem 5 wire condenser fan motor with an Emerson 4 wire condenser Fan [ 0 Answers ]

I have a Rheem a/c unit that the fan motor quit. I took all the information off the old motor and went to a local supply store and they cross-referenced the numbers and gave me and Emerson motor. All the specs are the same, 1/5 HP, 1075 RPM, 60 Hz, 1.3 Amp, single phase. When I got home, I took...

Trane condenser fan motor to A.O.Smith condenser fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The Condenser fan motor I removed from a Trane unit had four wires 1 black, 1red, 1brown and . The black wire went directly to #3 on the relay, the red wire went to the capacitor with black wire from #6 on the relay the brown wire went alone to the other side of the capacitor. I purchased...

Replacing condenser fan motor [ 1 Answers ]

I had water dripping into the condenser now the stop running,is it just replacing the fa motor,is more to it.

Replacing condenser fan motor [ 2 Answers ]

The condenser fan motor on my "york" unit locked up. I replaced the motor but the new motor stops working after about 20 minutes. The condenser continues to work but obviously overheats because the fan is not working. The only difference between the old motor and the new one is the RPM. The new...

View more questions Search