Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Liz Marshall Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2013, 05:06 AM
    10 year old girl sharing a bedroom with 11 yr old unrelated boy
    My husband has remarried and lives in Canberra with his wife and son who is 11. My daughter is 10 this December and developing into a woman more rapidly than her piers. Up until now I have been happy for her to share a bedroom with the son as it has only been for a week however her father has requested to have her for 4 weeks at Christmas and I feel for that length of time she should have her own room. Are there any stipulations that could help me ensure she has her own space and privacy?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 25, 2013, 05:22 AM
    Assuming you mean your ex-husband, what does the divorce decree say about visitation and custody?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 25, 2013, 05:41 AM
    I think it's borderline. Kids that age could be wanting to experiment with each other's bodies a bit too much, or might not care at all, or even have distaste for the opposite sex. Why not just discuss a different arrangement based on all that? Parents should be able to drop the baggage to be reasonable. Will it be warm weather there in December? Maybe one of them can sleep in a tent.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 25, 2013, 05:52 AM
    It's peers, not piers.

Unless this is covered by an Order or Agreement I don't think it's up to you to come up with stipulations. You had children with this man and you don't trust his judgment where it comes to your daughter? I think it's a very bad idea to attempt to orchestrate anything long distance when she is with her father.

I would resent it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are there laws or rules about a 17 year old boy and a 4 year old boy sharing a room? [ 10 Answers ]

My husband and I have 6 children between us; 3 girls ages 24,16,12, and 3 boys ages 17,12,4. The 24 year old recently moved because we are just so overcrowded. When we purchased our home we could only afford/qualify for a 3 bedroom (that was the only thing in our budget) and we only had 5 kids to...

Unrelated children sharing bedrooms [ 10 Answers ]

My ex is trying to get custody of my son.He lives in a 3 bedroom home with his girlfriend and her 2 children.He plans to have my 7 year old son share a bedroom with her 12 year old son.I don't feel that this is acceptable.Is it legal?

What is the law of having a boy and a girl share the same bedroom [ 1 Answers ]

What is the law of having a boy and a girl share the same bedroom, the girl is 10 years old and the boy is 8 years old? I live in the New York State.

Legal age for twins sharing bedroom boy and girl uk? [ 3 Answers ]

I have been on the waiting list with the council for a three bedroom house for 15 year, I am in a 2 bedroom house with twins boy and girl who will be 16 on August what is the legal age for twins sharing a bedroom

View more questions Search