Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gracie rose Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 08:58 PM
    How do I talk to my mom about getting a bigger bra?
    I don't know how to ask so I usually text my mom these secretive things but how would I type it because I hate talking about this stuff it embarrasses me. Right now I wear a not padded one that's skinny and I hate them. Help!!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 09:04 PM
    Why do you want a padded bra? How old are you?

Why is this secretive? If you can't ask for something like this from your mom, another female, maybe you aren't ready for one.

Jun 24, 2013, 09:19 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Why do you want a padded bra? How old are you?

Why is this secretive? If you can't ask for something like this from your mom, another female, maybe you aren't ready for one.
    I guess it's not secretive but I guess Its more that its think it's kind of awkward to talk about even with my mom. I'm only ten but I'm 5ft 4.

Jun 24, 2013, 09:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie rose View Post
    I guess it's not secretive but I guess Its more that its think it's kind of awkward to talk about even with my mom. I'm only ten but I'm 5ft 4.
    I got confused I just want the bigger one.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracie rose View Post
    I got confused I just want the bigger one.
    You mean you want a padded one. So you look bigger.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 11:24 PM
    I'm a mom, my daughter is also 10, and even taller than you. She doesn't need a bra at all, and if she did, she wouldn't need a padded bra.

I'm betting that you don't want to talk to mom about this because you know you don't need a padded bra at your age, and you know she won't agree to get you one. I happen to agree with her.

You'll grow, and when you do, that's when you'll need a bigger bra. Until then, your mom knows what you need, and you don't need to try and look like you have more than you actually have.

Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 25, 2013, 03:28 AM
    I really can't understand a mom not being supportive of their daughter in this. This is just the type of thing you should be able to discuss with your mom openly. And if you can't I wonder about your relationship with your mom.

But what are your reasons for wanting a bigger or padded bra. I understand that girls develop differently and its some girls bud so that the buds stick out. So a padded or molded bra can hide them more effectively. If that's the issue, just show mom how they stick out with your clothes. Of course you might try wearing less tight tops.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to ask my mom for a bigger bra? [ 12 Answers ]

Okay so I'm 13 and the bra's that I'm currently wearing are a 36C, but they are too small on the cup and too big on the back. I've measured up and I know that I need a 34D but my mom won't believe me :/ how can I convince her to let me get a bigger size?

Bigger bra [ 8 Answers ]

I'm 13 and I wear these little crop top thingys but they're too tight and leave marks. I really think I need a padded bra or a bigger bra but I'm too afraid to talk to my mum about it. What shall I do?

How do I tell my mom I need get a bigger cup bra [ 3 Answers ]

I have been trying to tell my mom that I need a another bigger bra, but right before I try to tell her I freeze up and say something totally off the wall. I try to tell her and my sisters are around her all the time. Also my sisters are saying to me go get a bra that fits or they will say go put on...

How do I tell my mom I need a bra [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am 11, my mom and I aren't exactly close, all my life I have been hideing my feeligns and letting them out whe I'm alone, so my parents don't expect me to ask questions like can we go shopping for bras, which I really have to, what do I do?? :( Bablybluz

How do I ask my mom if I need a bra [ 11 Answers ]

Hi I am 11 and I just want to ask my mom if when could I get a bra but she always says no. I need help to show my mom that I need a bra. How dob I tel her?

View more questions Search