Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Runwayrunaway Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 08:34 PM
    What do you do when your wife cries ?
    My wife is laying here in bed crying her eyes out because she's scared I'm going to leave her but I'm not. She does want to be alone right now but I don't want her crying alone but I hate to see her cry. How can I comfort her ? What should I say to her ? I'm also a girl.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 08:40 PM
    Make sure she has enough tissues.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 08:41 PM
    Did something happen today to make her feel this way, or is this a fear she's always had, and it's just worse today than it normally is?

I know that when I'm crying, I'm upset, I tell my husband that I want to be left alone, but deep down I really want him to come to me, hold me, comfort me, tell me it's going to be okay. We girls often say one thing but mean another, don't we?

I would go into the room and tell her that you really want to hug her, comfort her, just sit with her, but if she really wants to be left alone, you understand. Let her be the one to tell you what she really wants. Just try to be supportive.

Once she calms down, I would have a very serious discussion about why she feels that you're going to leave her.
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 3, 2013, 09:23 PM
    There has to be a reason for her to think you may leave her. Try to reflect and see if you can remember anything that may have happened to make her think that. OR , just for arguments sake, is she acting out looking for attention? It could happen.
    I am glad to see that same sex marriages have the same problems traditional marriages do!@
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 4, 2013, 07:23 AM
    When she is crying, normally do or say nothing, just be there.

Latter you need to discuss why she feels this way, normally there is something happening, or not happening to make her feel this way
    Handyman2007 Posts: 988, Reputation: 73

Jul 4, 2013, 07:48 AM
    Kind of wondering how this all turned out.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 4, 2013, 08:04 AM
    How old are the 2 of you and how long have you been together?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cries never stop [ 11 Answers ]

I have a 13 month old son even after diaper changes, feedings, or naps he still cries often. I know he is in the tething stage still but something's got to give. I feel like I'm losing my sanity. Anyone else feel this way? Please any advice.

When he cries. Too much [ 2 Answers ]

with an 8 week old baby, whom is mostly a pleasure to have, begins his nightly cranky routine. 7 pm rolls around and my poor breast feeding wife and I are looking for the culprit who swapped my child with a grizzly bear. Fearing for our lives and sanity we give in to all his wishes; feeding into...

Gramdma cries [ 2 Answers ]

OK, I live with my daughter and granddaughter have been for over for years now ,well my daughter met this guy a year ago and started going out and staying out for days at a time drinking a lot partying. Well about four months ago this guy moves in in and takes control of a lot of things ,this...

View more questions Search