Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kaymel098 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 12:40 PM
    Black Hair to Brown? PLEASE HELP!!
    Okay so.. Hi, my hair currently is a jet black. That is my natural color but now it's a dyed jet black.. Anyway, since it's the summer I really wanted to try a light brown.. Not like a caramel just brown but not too dark. How do I achieve this color without bleaching or damaging my hair?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 12:46 PM
    I would invest in getting it done professionally. Going from black to brown is not easy, and using store bough hair dyes makes it even harder, it's a very inexact science. Since you dyed your hair black it may need to be stripped before a lighter color can be added. A professional hairstylist will be able to give you the color you want, if you do it yourself you may end up spending more money in the long run, repairing whatever damage is done.

I really wouldn't attempt to do this yourself.
    clairemsmith Posts: 122, Reputation: 2

Jun 28, 2013, 11:13 PM
    I highly suggest seeing a professional colorist, to avoid a potentially horrid situation. Please do not try to do this yourself my dear :)
    Someone911 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2013, 05:03 AM
    Well depending on your hair... (my hair is super strong) this is what I've done. Go to Sally's or your local hair store and purchase a few boxes (depending in length) of hair color remover and then make sure you use a deep conditioner afterwards. Aussies 3 min miracle works good and once you're finished stripping the black you can dye your hair what shade of brown you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black hair, dyed brown, how can I dye it ash brown? [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I have naturally very dark brown hair, its pretty much black. I have been dying it black for the past two years. Today I bleached it and then dyed it "light ash brown". Obviously it didn't come out "ash" at all it more like a golden brown. My hair is actually still very healthy after...

Medium brown hair to light brown to black [ 0 Answers ]

I want to dye my hair black but I want to try a lighter color first. I am tanner then most people but I was wondering if I should do black because its really hard to get out once you do it.

How do I turn my naturally dark brown/black hair to a light brown after I bleach it? [ 1 Answers ]

I used a light ash brown and it turned like a greyish green color!

View more questions Search