Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meganb893 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 09:58 AM
    Children's Robitussin
    Can I give my 2 & 4 year old Children's Robitussin even though it says not for children under 6
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 10:12 AM
    No. 2 and 4 are under 6. Talk to your doctor about your need to stop their coughing (or whatever concerns you).
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 24, 2013, 10:15 AM
    I agree... even though their ages add up to six... neither one is six yet. And it has to do with the pain reliever being dangerous to some kids under six.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 12:27 PM
    I agree with the above. The guidelines on the medication are for the safety of your children. It's not safe to give that medication to a child under the age of 6, therefore I wouldn't give them that medication.

There are other medications for toddlers and young children under the age of 6. I'd go to your pharmacy and ask the pharmacist for a medication that would be appropriate for a 2 and 4 year old, or I'd see take them to see their doctor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

OD on Robitussin [ 2 Answers ]

Last night my friends and I decided we were going to try and robo-trip and drank a large amount of Robitussin. I drank about 155 ML and as the night went on I began to become extremely itchy, my top lip swelled up, and I began to have swelling on my penis and scrotum. I took 2 Benadryls last night...

Birth Control and Robitussin [ 0 Answers ]

I was curious if the medicine for a cold (liquid form) called robitussin Has any effect on birth control (I am taking the pill called sprintec). Does it increase the chance of pregnancy? Thanks and please answer!

Regular robitussin or dm [ 4 Answers ]

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have a bad badcough kept me up for three days well went to the er and they told me to take robitussin dm so went to buy it and ask the pharmasit and they said no only regular robitussin what do I take? :confused:

Ibuprofen and Robitussin [ 7 Answers ]

Can a baby take Ibuprofen and Robitussin?

View more questions Search