Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FYIin2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 09:45 AM
    Crush phone number
    Ok, so I'm in middle school and at the end of the year, we signed yearbooks. When my crush signed, she left her number! Only I tried texting but it's a landline so I'm afraid her parents will answer and things will get awkward:( BTW I realize I am pretty young, so don't comment about that. I'm just looking for advice.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 09:49 AM
    Welcome to the world of awkward. Today's adults had to actually call a house phone and ask for a guy/girl to come to the phone. We also had to talk in front of family members because the cord didn't reach more than a few feet from the phone. And you know what? We are probably better off than today's texters and emailers. We actually learned to speak to real people! Try it! Let us know you survived.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 10:37 AM
    A parent answers and you say cheerily, "Hi, my name is FYlin. May I speak with [your daughter]?"

It's actually real easy.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 12:04 PM
    One day you'll actually have to call a company to inquire about a job, or you'll have to call a store because of a credit issue, you'll have to actually use your voice instead of texting. It's a good skill to learn, and the sooner you learn it, the better off you'll be.

You call, you ask if she's there, then you talk to her. It's not hard.
    FYIin2000 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 07:00 PM
    Well, actually, contradictory to my question, do you guys think I am too young?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 07:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by FYIin2000 View Post
    Well, actually, contradictory to my question, do you guys think I am too young??
    Too young to call and talk with a girl on a landline? No.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 08:22 PM
    Well, actually, contradictory to my question, do you guys think I am too young??
    Too young to talk to someone on the phone? I don't think so. Then again, I don't remember you mentioning how old you are.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 24, 2013, 08:27 PM
    You're in middle school, so you shouldn't have a problem making a phone call to talk.
    ladylike1234 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2013, 09:54 PM
    That's all we have a landline, so you might want to introduce yourself. You're lucky you get a cell phone, but if it's a landline it's a landline.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Phone number [ 2 Answers ]

Lost my friends number how do I get there new number

I need to rewire phone jack to match main phone number [ 10 Answers ]

I had 2 phone lines coming into house and recently cancelled 1. I would like to rewire cancelled # phone jack to receive my other number so all house phones will be on the same line.I have been playing around with the switch over. I have looked at the other house jacks and tried to duplicate still...

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone nu [ 4 Answers ]

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone numbers can have the area code 229?

Blocked Phone number calling wireless cell phone [ 4 Answers ]

Hello my name is Jessica. Is there anyway anyone can help me figure out a blocked number that is calling my cell phone? If there is anyway to find out who the blokced number is that is really calling me.

Changing disconnected phone line to same number as phone line that is active [ 3 Answers ]

If you can help I will vote for you... for any office... state or government! We have two separate phone lines. One for one room and one for another. One of the lines was cut off at our request by the phone company. We want to make the disconnected line active again and work on the same number...

View more questions Search