Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shaker1973 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2013, 09:28 PM
    Illinois eviction of ex boyfriend
    I have court schedule for June 28 in Kane county. I have served 30 day notice, filed unlawful detainer, had the sheriff serve the summons.

I am trying to get possession only. He does owe me money for unpaid, can I file small claims later for this? I thought it would be easier to just get possession as I am the leasee and he is not on the lease.

Anything I can do to get the judge to get this deadbeat jerk out in less than a week?

It has been horrible living with this guy, but he is smart enough not to do anything illegal or leave a trail. A true sociopath.

How can I sway the judge, any ideas?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 24, 2013, 03:03 AM
    You should be able to file a separate case for what he owes you. The question is whether you can collect.

As for getting him out quickly, point out to the judge, that he has had ample time to vacate, yet he refuses to. Ask that a date be set ASAP so you can get a sheriff to remove him if necessary.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend Eviction [ 9 Answers ]

Me and my boyfrieend were separated for about five months and then we got back together and only been together since January and we never set an amount for him to pay and all I have gotten is 85 dollars from him since then and our relationship has going to bad and I just want him to go. Can I just...

Boyfriend eviction [ 2 Answers ]

I live in College Park, GA. I have a boyfriend that called the police on me a couple of weeks ago after we had an argument and I asked him to move out and the police told him that because he had been living with me more than 30 days that I would have to serve him an eviction noitice giving him 30...

Eviction of a boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I have been living with my boyfriend for nine years in the nine years we were together I bought a house which loan is in my name... as a single woman... all bills are in my name yes in the beginning he has helped me pay bills... no he does not... he stays on my third floor.. finished... he does...

Eviction of boyfriend [ 3 Answers ]

How do I evict a boyfriend and get a restraining order at the same time

Eviction Illinois [ 1 Answers ]

How do I evict a tenant withou a lease in Illinois?

View more questions Search