Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123kimara Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2013, 05:02 PM
    My dog won't gain weight
    I have a 1yr 6 months Old female rednose pitbull. We got her spayed about a week ago and ever since then she been sick. Throwing up and diarrhea can't keep nothing down. Real worried about her did the vet do something wrong when she had surgery. She still active and eat twice a day. But want keep food down, just want to know what to do.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:06 PM
    Its been sick for the last week, I'd start by taking it back to the vet.

If you were sick like that for a week you've go to the doctor. Or at least I think you should.

Jun 23, 2013, 05:27 PM
    Well they say she will be sick after the surgery but I don't think like this.
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:32 PM
    I don't either... I think this is unrelated.

Jun 23, 2013, 05:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    I don't either.....I think this is unrelated.
    I'm so scared for her and I talk to a vet she said give her chicken and rice and see how she do
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2013, 05:48 PM
    As long as you have talked to them today and they said that... give it a try... if they said that a week ago... call them again.

Jun 23, 2013, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by smoothy View Post
    As long as you have talked to them today and they said that.....give it a try...if they said that a week ago...call them again.
    I give it to her and she pooped it right out hope that it works
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 23, 2013, 06:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 123kimara View Post
    Well they say she will be sick after the surgery but I don't think like this.
    Really? Most dogs are not sick after a routine surgery. They usually MAYBE have soft stool the first day and VERY rarely feel sick the first day. Being spayed, your dog should be pretty much back to normal in 2-3 days. This is not normal. Please take her back to the vet. Or, get a second opinion because if I called a vet and said hey my dog has been sick for a WEEK and they say oh feed it chicken and rice, I would go elsewhere. That's crap advice.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My dog won't gain weight [ 1 Answers ]

Me puppy is 13 weeks old and a doberman german shapeard and I feed him 2 cups a day and he still looks super skinny, you can see his ribs.. can I get something more for him or feed him better?

Help gain dog weight [ 2 Answers ]

I have a rednose pitbull who is three years old and he is not gaining weight. He is skinny and his ribs show and I really want him to gain weight and not look like that I feed him constantly but it's not changing. What can I do to help him gain weight? What do I need to help him gain weight? Please...

My dog is rotty/shepherd she is very large but won't gain weight please help [ 3 Answers ]

She is only 2 and she weighs 70 lbs she has black gums and brown eyes the white part please help.

Why won't my dog gain weight? [ 1 Answers ]

I am very worried about my dog. She had a litter of pups 4 weeks ago and she has lost a massive amount of weight and she keeps losing it. She is a Shepard/Husky mix, she should weigh between 50-70 lbs but she only weighs 22 lbs. I currently have her on purina puppy chow and I don't want to switch...

Skinny dog won't gain weight [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys I have a femail pitbull who is just over a year, she only weighs about 60 to 65 pounds I've been to the vet about 3 times she doesn't have worms or nethign else wrong with her the problem is that is to skiny and hasn't gained any height nor width I'm feeding her on the regular basis and...

View more questions Search