Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vikingprince Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 01:16 PM
    Sign house to child
    What are the effects of signing our house over to children ?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 01:19 PM
    Why would you? How old are they? Do you have a will that does that upon your death?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 02:00 PM
    There can be tax consequences that you may face. It all depends on the value and how your doing it. What may work better is a living will to help avoid tax concequences. You could also ask your accountant what works best for your situation.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 02:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cdad View Post
    There can be tax consequences that you may face. It all depends on the value and how your doing it. What may work better is a living will to help avoid tax concequences. You could also ask your accountant what works best for your situation.
    In many jurisdictions, a "living will" has to do with the circumstances under which the hospital may "pull the plug", and nothing with disposition of property.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by AK lawyer View Post
    In many jurisdictions, a "living will" has to do with the circumstances under which the hospital may "pull the plug", and nothing with disposition of property.
    Meant to say trust. Was reading about wills just before posting.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Jun 22, 2013, 05:16 PM
    Will you still be living in the house?
    Your ages? Child's (children) age(s)?
    Any medicaid funded nursing home costs likely?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sign over the rights of child? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I sign over thet rights of my daughter that I have not seen or talk in the last past 7 years?My daughter lives with her mom in El Paso Tx, I live in Omaha Ne.

Do you have to pay to sign off on your child? [ 2 Answers ]

My fiancé ex an him had a baby an we have the baby its living with us.. his ex the child's mother said she wants to sign off her right of him an give my fiancé full custody but she said its going to cost her money to do that.. an im just wondering if it really does or is she lying like always? Can...

How do I go about sign my rites over to a child? [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter was taken by her dad. I have not been able to contact or see her for 5mths. I had filed childsuport on her he said he wast not paying the child support on her so he took her.I don't have the money for an attorney to fight back. Ive been fiting this for the last 5mths. Legal aide denied...

How to sign your house back to the bank [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriends was living in a moble home and could no longer make the payment so he moved in with me, now his mortgage company keeps harassing him and all he want to do is sign it back but they won't send him the paperwork. Is there anywhere he can go to get the bank to take it back?

How do I sign over my rights to my child? [ 1 Answers ]

How do I sign over my rights to my child's mother?

View more questions Search