Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wajohnsonjr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 22, 2013, 01:13 AM
    Itching
    Are there any know allergies that cause severe itching of the palms of your hands?
    tiggerella Posts: 184, Reputation: 13

Jun 22, 2013, 07:17 AM
    There are several things that I can think of right off the top of my head that you could have touched that might cause your palms to itch, especially if you have a very mild or developing allergy. For instance, if my husband or children touch fiberglass insulation, they'll itch on their palms, and if they touch any other part of their body before washing, they'll develop redness and sometimes even hives on the places they've touched. (The doctor's explanation was that, because the skin on your palms is generally tougher than other places on your body, the chemical that causes the reaction just sits on the surface of your palm, but can get into the pores elsewhere.)

Per my doctor, wash your hands vigorously with an anti-bacterial soap and rinse thoroughly, then apply a product with astringent properties (like Witch Hazel) to thoroughly clean the pores, and if the itching continues, see a doctor.

On a lighter note, old wives tales would tell you that an itchy palm means you're about to come into money, but that you should put your hands in your pockets before washing them (or scratching them)...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itching [ 7 Answers ]

My skin is itching a lot and I can't get to sleep is there something I can buy from the store to stop it

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I am suffering from vaginal itching for the past 2 weeks till now.( on the 2 sides ).. plzz suggest a treatment... Thanks & Regards Ziya

Itching [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a 4 yr old bulldog who itches constantly. We have been through all types of food with her and allergy testing. I have found that if she is allowed to get on my bed or sit in my lap in a chair she will stop itching and can go all night without itching if she is in my bed if I don't let...

Itching [ 2 Answers ]

Ive had itching going on downstairs I've thought it was a yeast infection but the medicine isn't helped at all and I've used it for a week I've had a knot come up under my right lip what could this be?

Under itching [ 1 Answers ]

HI this is cheery 21years female not married it was observed that from last 3 months I have under itching & I feel a lot of under irritation can u guide me to overcome from that problem

View more questions Search