Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 07:47 PM
    Hence the reason I asked if a subpoena was presented. Just trying to make the OP come up with the correct answer himself. ;)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 07:38 PM
    There are not steps,

First you are not clear why an attorney is asking questions, my general rule, if it is not for my benefit, I refuse to answer any questions, unless it is required by court order.

If this is a legal case against you, just refuse to answer any question,

If this is a case to help or hurt someone else, answer only those questions you want to, but understand if go to trial, they may ask you anything under oath, Then you have to answer, unless other attorney objects.

Now, if this is about a person in your company, unless there is a court order, requriing the information, you do not give out anything.
    ** some companies will, there is no real law protecting the information, but as a practice it is not given out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Posting personal information [ 0 Answers ]

Be careful with the information you share online. While an individual may feel desperate to the point of sharing personal information in a public forum we must ask that you refrain from doing so. Not only is sharing information such as an email address, home address or phone number dangerous, it...

Personal finance software without revealing personal information [ 3 Answers ]

Is there any personal finance software that doesn't require you to put in your personal information.I just need something that I can add and subtract on my own without giving all my personal information to a for profit corporation. I don't need a separate company to keep track of all my banking, I...

Personal ve public information [ 9 Answers ]

When you are stopped by a cop for a traffic violation and they ask to see your license, what information are they looking for? What if your from another state and have never been in the state in question?

Personal information [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Can a catholic school give out my personal phone number? I live in Massachusetts and I thought that without my consent it cannot be given out! Thanks

Unlawful Disclosure of Information? [ 2 Answers ]

I am in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Im not sure as to what my legal actions could beif there are any, could someone please enlighten me? My employer disclosed criminal history information to a previous employer without my consent. I worked for this company for 20 years, then I resigned,...

View more questions Search