Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vflores830 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 04:11 PM
    My dog won't stop barking at my female dog
    I have a 2 year old germansheperd and we brought in a 2year old female shephered and they mated and now its been two days that she lays down or is sitting down and he is just following her and stands right in front of her and is just winning and barking what could possibly be the problem?
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 04:14 PM
    He wants her to play, she doesn't want to play, so he's barking at her trying to get her to play. Either that or he's trying to assert his dominance over her.

Jun 21, 2013, 04:16 PM
    Do you think I should separate them? Because it's a constant winning and barking
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 04:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by vflores830 View Post
    do you think i should seperate them? becuase its a constant winning and barking
    Whining?

When did you bring the female into your home? Did you properly socialize them?

The fact is, you have an unaltered male and an unaltered female, they're going to behave accordingly.

What do you do when he whines and barks at the female? Does it ever go beyond simple whining and barking? Is he ever aggressive (biting, nipping, lunging) with her? Is she in heat?

Jun 21, 2013, 05:16 PM
    She's been here for about 3 weeks and at first he was just barking and yelling and was being a bit aggressive so I separated them and slowly would put them together for about 1 hour a day until they were OK and they have been together until they mated and now this is happening and I tried separating them and he is winning/barking trying to get to her and when he gets to her smells her in the her vigina and just stares at her and starts to bark. But she isn't barking back or anything
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 05:23 PM
    shes been here for about 3 weeks and at first he was just barking and yelling and was being a bit agressive so i seperated them and slowly would put them together for about 1 hour a day untill they were ok and they have been together untill they mated and now this is happening and i tried seperating them and he is winning/barking trying to get to her and when he gets to her smells her in the her vigina and just stares at her and starts to bark. but she isnt barking back or anything
    When our dog was used as a stud, he whined and barked and carried on for days. Because she is in heat, he is going to continue to do this.
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 05:42 PM
    and he is winning/barking trying to get to her and when he gets to her smells her in the her vigina and just stares at her and starts to bark. But she isn't barking back or anything
    I have to ask, because you've posted it three times now, and I asked once if you meant whining, only to have you post winning again. What do you mean by winning?
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2013, 06:09 PM
    She is in heat. He is being a normal, intact male dog.

Jun 21, 2013, 06:14 PM
    Its almost like if he's barking but not in an aggressive way

Jun 21, 2013, 06:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Alty View Post
    I have to ask, because you've posted it three times now, and I asked once if you meant whining, only to have you post winning again. What do you mean by winning?
    Its almost like if he's barking but not in an aggressive way
    Sariss Posts: 1,471, Reputation: 244
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2013, 06:21 PM
    its almost like if hes barking but not in an agressive way
    She's in heat. He's excited, and probably a little sexually frustrated.

Jun 21, 2013, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariss View Post
    She's in heat. He's excited, and probably a little sexually frustrated.
    Should I separate them or what should I do?
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 06:46 PM
    should i separate them or what should i do?
    I would separate them, and make an appointment to have him neutered, and her spayed. That will stop this behavior. Why are you breeding? Are you a registered breeder? Are your dogs show quality, the top of their breed? If not, there's no reason for you to breed them when there are already millions of dogs dying in shelters in the US every year because of backyard breeding.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get my dog to stop barking at everything? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a dog named Daisy. She is in the backyard. She is very very lovable. She is a Beagle Mixed Lab. She barks at frogs, birds, people, bees, cats, squirrls, rabbits, cars, lawnmowers, etc. I would like help trying to make her quiet down some.

My dog won't stop barking [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old Aussie Shepard mix and he is always barking when we go out. I have tried a mussel and discipline , covering his crate and putting him with a play mate I have now moved on to shock collar (spray collar and sound dose not work either). And the barking has stopped but now he...

Female Dog, Non-Stop Crying, Wining, and Barking [ 5 Answers ]

My name is Joel. I just recently adopted a 4 year old, Weimaraner/Lab mix. All day long she is crying, wining, and barking. We have tried ignoring her, rewarding for being quiet, everything, even a bark collar. Nothing has shown improvement. We live on an urban street and we cannot have her...

My Dog Won't Stop Barking at Me! [ 3 Answers ]

I love my dog & I take him to the dog park to run everyday. My question is two-part. 1) Why doesn't he bother with the other dogs much. If he meets other dogs on the street or in a home, he is social & plays with them. But in the dog park he is just zoned in on the tennis balls or sticks. 2) ...

Dog won't stop barking! [ 1 Answers ]

My dog just won't try barking!! He's an american bulldog and he is pretty lazy.. I tried everything! I tried to see if he needs attention, if he needs to go outside, if he's hungry(or thirsty), and if he wants a spot to sit down... NOTHING worked!! PLEASE HELP ME Thanks...

View more questions Search