Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lorettahelean29 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 12:22 PM
    My boss won't give me my pay check
    I live in the state of Illinois. I worked a temporary job. I knew I was not going to get paid the first week but then when I called the following Friday to pick up my check they had told me that somebody did not give my information to payroll. Okay so I give it another week, I called the Friday after that and they still don't have my paycheck. Is there anything that I can do.
    Robert Brenner Posts: 53, Reputation: 13

Jun 21, 2013, 12:54 PM
    Ask your boss if there is someone (other than him) that you could speak to about this. If he is the highest on the chain then perhaps you could contact your state labor board.

This could make things worse but what have you got to lose?
    Do you feel he wants you to quit?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2013, 01:28 PM
    This should be on a legal board -

Remind your employer, not your supervisor, in writing of the following section of Illinois law: "Every employer shall be required, at least semi-monthly, to pay every employee all wages earned during the semi-monthly pay period"

I don't know if usually pays weekly or bi-weekly BUT either way, you must be paid according to his usual practice. If are you not, yes, go to Illinois Wage and Hour.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it legal for the general contractor to give u uour check if uour boss doesn't [ 1 Answers ]

I get 1099 from a sub contractor and used to paint walmarts my boss didn't pay and went to jail and I'm stuck with no pay is it legal for me to get it from the general contractor that was on the job

Teacher took my phone and won't give it back unless I give her $15.00? [ 5 Answers ]

Okay, today was a basketball game so all the students got out of class to watch it. Me and my friend didn't want to so me and her hid in the bathroom. I told her that me and another friend were having a fight and that she wouldn't stop texting and spreading rumors about me and a boy in my class. So...

Can my boss take money out of my check if I excepted a bad check? [ 2 Answers ]

I excepted a bad check and my boss deducted it out of my check without my knowledge

Can by boss give me a 1099 and then change his mind and give me a W-2? [ 2 Answers ]

I worked for over a year for an attorney who classified me as "contract" employee. Under the law, I was not a contract employee, but I needed the job and kept my mouth shut. The attorney is suffering from early onset Alzheimers and I quit the job. Now I can't get a correct 1099 and I've asked...

Boss Refusing To Give Me My Check! [ 13 Answers ]

I worked "under the table" for my boss who owns a separate company. She refused to put me on payroll because she didn't think it was right having her catering business pay for her eBay selling since she didn't get taxes taken out. We never sorted through that situation before all this crap broke...

View more questions Search