Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 02:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jade157 View Post
    I just answer here? I was starting new threads thinking of a "one problem at a time" method.
    It's all the same problem, so stay on this thread.
    I have been seeing a therapist at my school, which I am no longer in. I told her I have been feeling very depressed. I can search for a therapist through my city, and I should.

The medication did work, I pulled myself out of the last slump for months. For some reason now it doesn't.
    Who's in charge of doling out meds to you? A family doctor? A psychiatrist? That person has to be told this med no longer seems to be working (that's what happens with antidepressants). The dosage will have to be changed or even a different drug prescribed.

And you ARE taking this one correctly? (I had a client who took hers when she felt like it and then threw it up and cursed medical science when her depression didn't magically lift.)
    I can't think of the last time I've had a conversation with someone.
    You're having one here and now.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 02:56 PM
    How much of this drug do you take per day -- what is the dosage?
    Jade157 Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2013, 04:04 PM
    I take 20 mg, every morning. I have a prescription that takes me through the summer because I usually work away. After that, I don't know what I'll do.

I feel like I have been putting things off more and more - and this is the moment they all come together and explode
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 04:40 PM
    I take 20 mg, every morning. I have a prescription that takes me through the summer because I usually work away. After that, I don't know what I'll do.
    I see from reliable medical sites that this med causes suicide ideation, confusion, and memory problems. It's time to report to the prescribing doctor that you have these problems..

Jun 23, 2013, 07:55 PM
    I've had suicidal thoughts in the past, long before starting this medication. I will talk to my doctor about this for sure.

I'm jut worried. People say do things that you like or love. And I don't like or love anything.

I will talk to my doctor when I get back home.

But here's another question, are there other people who can't remember anything from their past?

My parents and brother are talking about things that we have done, and I can't remember any of the details they do. I don't tell stories with details.

My father recalls a job he was on in 1975. The names of his coworkers, the aspects of the job, you name it - he remembers.

I can give about one or two sentences and a couple names of a job I am currently working.

I feel like I'm broken.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jun 23, 2013, 08:08 PM
    I feel like I'm broken.
    Think of it as a blessing. Too many people dwell in the past, regret past actions and continue to kick themselves long after they have been forgiven or the problem resolved. You live in the present (like a cat!) and can look forward to the future.

Stop obsessing over memory problems!! Live in the Now.
    Tc123 Posts: 64, Reputation: 7

Jun 23, 2013, 09:09 PM
    Hey there. You know what? You sound like me a while back. You really do. I sometimes still get in a slump so to speak.

It bothers me that you even questioned not being here. You are beautiful and I really think that you just don't know it! I'm a bit upset with you without having ever met you. Please keep reaching out. Send me or anyone a private message.

Did you talk about all of this with your therapist? What does he or she think?

You do mean something. So what if you can't always remember everything. I do have to say though that if this really bothers you and you say you don't feel like yourself, you MUST address this with your doctor or therapist. It really could be medication or something else. You need to know. They need to know. If I were your therapist, I would be asking a few more questions but for now, PLEASE tell a pro that you're dealing with. This might all be unnecessary what you're going through.

Don't be so hard on yourself but still remain aware. It is a very good thing that you take notice and that you do care about yourself. It does sound like maybe, just maybe, that other events in your life could have possibly compounded your depression.

I strongly believe that you will be okay. It's okay to have a beverage once in a while or "party" but you know the rest. Don't do it to "stuff feelings".

It means a lot that you at least reached out here. You care about yourself or you would not have.

Wishing you all the best and please write back! Hang in there Beautiful person and be well!

Jun 24, 2013, 06:03 AM
    Thank you for all your support. I would like to get better.

My hopeless attitude is just the way I feel. I think about it all the time. But I couldn't actually do it. I'd be leaving too many sad people behind.

I just need to get out of this slump. I am here without the chance to see my doctor for the next week.

I shouldn't stop taking the medication without a doctors recommendation. I'll be fine for another week.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can't remember the artist, but remember a few song names/music videos. Help? [ 0 Answers ]

I know it was a boy band and they had like one big hit on the radio, but after that nothing really. The main singer had like platinum blond hair. The music video to their popular song had them taking a bunch of girls to party in a convenience store because they couldn't get into the club or...

What does it mean if your depressed but don't know what your depressed about? [ 1 Answers ]

I feel down all the time... I'm also stressed... I can't really stand to be around kids anymore even my own... I have no friends and I go no wheres all I do is sit at home with my kids... I have people around that don't treat my kids the same as they do others and I don't know why cause one of them...

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

View more questions Search