Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ghealy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2013, 11:19 AM
    Itchy itchy scratchy!
    My 3.5 mo old pit bull puppy has been itchy since we got him at 7 weeks. He just cries and itches all the time. The vet said gie him benadryl and oatmeal bathes. According to vet he's too young for a flea allergy as of yet but I'm not so sure. His father had the same prob, and ended up scratching himself half naked. I've been trying everything and nothing is helping for more than a few hours. He's so miserable I can't stand it. What can I do?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jun 21, 2013, 12:22 PM
    You misunderstood the vet! A newborn can suffer horribly from fleas. Flea 'allergy?' Flea BITES! Get him some monthly drops like Frontline or Advantage from the vet NOW!

Or find another vet. This is just too much.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 04:25 PM
    Sounds like allergies to me. What are you feeding him?
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jun 21, 2013, 07:10 PM
    Along with the probability of allergies, another thing to consider would be parasites, not only fleas but mites or lice. Has your vet done a skin scrape to check for this.
    Benadryl and oatmeal shampoos are only going to provide temporary relief, the problem needs to be discovered in order to properly treat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Itchy! [ 5 Answers ]

Lately I have been so itchy! It is mainly on my stomach, chest, back, and sides but it is really annoying I don't know if it is just the dry cold weather or what but I need some suggestions on how to make it stop! I do have exema but it mainly is on my hands...

Itchy [ 1 Answers ]

For a little over a month I've been having nonstop vaginal itching and even.my clitoris itches. I've tried monistat, but it only helps very little. I have a bit of a watery discharge but it doesn't have an odor. I also have some pelvic pain that is sharp and travels down to my vagina. What could...

Why am I itchy? [ 0 Answers ]

I started taking amoxicillin on Wednesday night after a trip to the er with an ear infection. By Friday I started itching. It started with my back and stomach. Now I'm itching from my neck to my legs. I'm curious to know is the itching because of the amoxicillin or could it be something else. If it...

Itchy down there [ 5 Answers ]

I have itchness and also my libia minora the one on the right is big and black . I sometimes get little pimple like bumbs that don't go away and when I pop them they bleed or white pus comes out . Also a very bad odor . I have tried everything should I go to a clinic and get tested for stuff I am...

Itchy [ 15 Answers ]

Yeah OK so since I got back form my cottage I've had this horrible itching around my vagina and I'm wondering what the hell this is I itches when I move the wrong way its red and very sensitive... I really need some help its bugging the crap out of me.. my mom got me some itch cream but it doesn't...

View more questions Search