Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ikawoowoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 01:29 PM
    Loss of my boyfriend nigel
    I lost my boyfriend on the 19th of march this month he overdosed on drugs .im pregnant with his baby I'm so upset I don't know what to do with myself I miss him so much and I feel guilty .as we split up before I found out the bad news I just want to know if he blames me .I feel like its my fault I don't know I I'm going to cope by myself now he's gone I so want him back why did god take him away from me.
    ikawoowoo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 01:31 PM
    What am I supposed to I want to know he still loves me and doesn't blame me help .I want to know he's a t peace and watching over me.:confused:
    RubyPitbull Posts: 3,575, Reputation: 648
    Ultra Member

Mar 24, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Kiawoowoo, you cannot blame yourself for someone else's actions. Nigel didn't purposely OD, did he? Give me a little more background information on your situation and I will try my best to help.
    jessincali Posts: 23, Reputation: 4

Apr 3, 2007, 08:17 PM
    How could he blame you for something you had no control over? You cannot put that kind of pressure on yourself. You loved him - you know you loved him. Keep his memories alive in your mind and try to be the best parent you can be.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 09:04 PM
    None of us has control over the lives and the will of another. You no more caused this, than you can control the sun rising in the morning.
    People sadly OD on drugs on a regular bases because they use drugs, this is their personal choice of life style.

And his choice for good or bad is over now, his life ended but those of us left, have to live on

And you will always havev a part of him with the baby, So his life goes on though that child. So now you need to make sure you are getting the care to be sure the baby will be fine.
    The pain of loss never goes away, but time lets us handle things better.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Apr 3, 2007, 09:29 PM
    Awww, sweetie, your breaking up with Nigel did not MAKE him overdose. Please stop blaming yourself. In my opinion God didn't take him away. Nigel's actions and bad choices took him away. He was troubled well beyond your breaking up with him.

I know it seems almost impossible now, but you will get through this. I remember when my husband died someone said to me, 'It DOES get better.' I didn't believe it but one day I realized that it was slowly getting better.

I am sure that he doesn't blame you, sweetie, and I am equally as sure that he is at peace (how could he not be, in God's hands?) and will be looking down upon you as you raise your child. Make him proud, hun... make him proud. Show him that you loved him by taking the very best care that you can of yourself and the coming baby.

Do you have anyone to talk to or give you support? If not there are crisis lines in almost every state that you can call and talk to someone. If you are really troubled then go to the emergency ward of a hospital and tell them you need to talk to someone about a mental health issue.

Try to surround yourself with people and things that can make you feel happier.

Warm hugs,
    Didi

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weight Loss [ 3 Answers ]

:( :( :( :( :( :( I am 12 and I weigh 198.5 lbs I am trying how to lose 79 Lbs because I want to be skinnier so does anyone know how to help me! PLEASE

At a loss for what to do! [ 6 Answers ]

I am a very sad mother of a 10 year old boy. We have had a slight problems in the past with him refusing to do his work in school. But then it got better after we put him on Adderall so that he would focus more. Now after 4 months he is starting to be disrespectful and refused to do his work in...

At a loss... [ 10 Answers ]

So I dated this guy on and off for 4 years and I was so in love with him even though he treated me really bad, whenever we went out on dates he always made me pay he paid only like 3 times in the whole time that we dated. On his birthdays and holidays I always got him big things and in between I...

Nigel Plasiarism (Cheating) [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I have a real silly problem. This semester I took A political science course with an english professor called Nigel Parsons. I attended every single class, I got 3 B's in three midterm exams, I got a B+ in the first assignment paper, my average grade for this course was a B. he gave us a...

View more questions Search