Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gix Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 20, 2013, 05:04 PM
    Do I charge my phone before I use it or use it until the battery dies then charge it
    I have aslways had an issue with my new phones, the battery life s always so much less compared to the specification set out by the manufacture. So I need to know, "do i charge my phone before i use it or use it untill the battery dies then charge it"?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 05:07 PM
    Before you use it the first time you SHOULD leave it on the charger overnight to get a FULL initial charge.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jun 22, 2013, 09:22 AM
    I usually wait until its low before recharging. That way you keep the battery conditioned for best use. If you keep charging it with a high level of charge you stand the chance of ruining the battery and shorting its life.
    chris_nuo Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2013, 09:35 PM
    You always need to charge before first time use it.
    askitt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2013, 06:00 AM
    For a longer battery life you should recharge phone when it have 15-10% battery level.
    And you should charge it full in once for better battery life.
    If you have Samsung galaxy smartphone You can follow tips here
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 07:20 AM
    Ive found depends on the phone, some you actually aren't suppose to charge first until they drain
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 8, 2013, 07:30 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Ive found depends on the phone, some you actually aren't suppose to charge first until they drain
    I'd argue against that speaking as an Electronic engineer.. who has actually seen the difference the first few charge discharge cycles make to the actual capacity and life of a batttery pack. Starting with a full charge... and a running it down to a level when the phone shuts itself down (meaning low but NOT completely dead) for the first 3 or four cycles actually gives the best battery capacity with the longest discharge cycle... and by significant measurable levels. And yes those do vary from battery to battery as far as exactly how much. But it can amount to hours of talk time per recharge cycle in some... many minutes extra at the least.

But then... take into consideration... who has a financial interest in selling a new battery and/or a new phone down the road. Multiply that by hundreds of thousands or millions out there... its not an insignificant profit center.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battery will not charge. [ 4 Answers ]

Bought a new battery 4 my laptop. Computer will run fine with ac power. Battery will not charge.

How long does it take to charge a Android phone with new battery? [ 1 Answers ]

New battery in Android cell phone, been charging for 12 hours. How long to take to charge?

How long should I charge my new cell phone battery? [ 24 Answers ]

I have had the worst luck with new cell phones. I buy them, let the battery die, and then charge it until it is fully charged. After I do this it seems that the battery is so crappy. I have to constantly charge my new phone and the battery only lasts less then 10 hours. I need help!! If anyone...

How long should I charge my car battery when I jump charge from another car? [ 2 Answers ]

I left my car door open all night & now the battery is dead. I jumped started the car with another car and want to know how long I have to wait until I can safely use the car.

View more questions Search