Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lee ann longo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 24, 2007, 01:18 PM
    How to determine if someone may have a drinking problem?
    What can be done?

What are possible means of recovery, or treatment if someone has a drinking problem?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Mar 24, 2007, 01:28 PM
    Can you provide more info into the situation?

One will not recover from a problem until they recognize that they have a problem.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Mar 24, 2007, 01:51 PM
    There are many indications that a person may have a drinking problem. A few of the simplest are:

Drinking often or drinking a lot.
    Needing to drink.
    Drinking at inappropriate times (say, before work)
    Using alcohol as an excuse.
    Using alcohol as an escape.
    finessed1 Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Just the fact that you're asking this question is a sign that that person is having an alcohol problem. You're concerned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drug and alcohol recovery [ 2 Answers ]

My spouse is in a recovery program and he is doing well. This isn't his first attempt at this, however he is very determined. I'm afraid that when he gets home there might be a lot of stress and something I do or say may trigger him. I'm in recovery right now and it is so much easier for me than...

Alcohol tips [ 8 Answers ]

Hey so, I was just wondering. How do you forget about things when you are drunk? Like a girl I know said you only completely forget everything if you pass out, and also how many drinks is too much? How do you help a friend if they are sick? And if you have any tips about alcohol, I would be happy...

Pregnant alcohol [ 8 Answers ]

My wife and I recently found out she's pregnant (just over a month). About two weeks ago we had a lot of wine with friends and my wife was very drunk. Now she is worried that it may affect the foetus. Any words of wisdom? All thoughts appreciated!

Alcohol: 70% or 99%? [ 1 Answers ]

For cleaning keyboards, door knobs/handles, table tops, etc. Which is better, the 70% or the 99%?

View more questions Search