Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    earl237 Posts: 532, Reputation: 57

Jun 20, 2013, 09:11 AM
    Ben Bernanke
    I would like to tape Ben Bernanke's mouth shut. He can't say two words without sinking the world's stock markets just when things are starting to look good. Luckily, the fundamentals are looking good and the U.S. and European economies are still improving, so I think the selloff will be short lived, still annoying though.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 09:18 AM
    Reduction in stimulus was to be expected, and perhaps even overdue. It's like telling the patient that the broken leg is healed enough that the cast can come off, but the we're reducing the pain meds. There may be a rough period, but in general it's good news. We can't sustain interest rates at zero forever.
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 09:26 AM
    I'd say long over due and it was a failed policy that needed to be reversed. All it really did was create a capital flight out of the country to the nation that was willing to buy cheap American debt. .
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 02:55 PM
    well Tom your stimilus has been a beggar your nieighbours policy, It artificially increased the value of our currency because your non existent interest rates and pump priming created the environment for speculation and just a hint of change has sent the speculators scurring back into their holes with stock market and currency values falling dramatically. So much for that marvellous system you call capitalism that cannot exist without massive government assistence all that is missing is the potemkin towers
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 04:53 PM
    So much for your love of Keynesian pump priming
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 05:03 PM
    Hey it is your policies that have bitten both you and us in the bum, not mine.

I don't agree with this continuous pump priming which creates artificial bubbles, nor do I agree with interfering in capital markets by depressing interest rates. Some government assistance is need to get an industry started or help a depressed area but what your government has been doing is ridiculous and it will all come crashing down on your head. The shame is that the rest of us will also endure the pain
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 05:32 PM
    don't agree with this continuous pump priming which creates artificial bubbles, nor do I agree with interfering in capital markets by depressing interest rates
    and those are not "capitalism "

But you are correct that QE is an insane policy. What do you think about the Chinese banking crisis that is erupting ? It's beginning to look like Lehmann circa 2008 .
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 07:07 PM
    You missed it Tom I said your form of capitalism cannot survive without government interferrence. Yes China don't know how to handle a property bubble either again a stimilatory policy gone wrong but China have some internal problems they have to handle by stimulus and distraction otherwise revolution. If that happened we would see an enormous world contraction as supply would dry up followed by inflation. China isn't the place you think it is, it takes a long time for central policy to find its way to the boonies
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 07:21 PM
    but China have some internal problems they have to handle by stimulus and distraction otherwise revolution.
    Yup the cadres promised prosperity in exchange for serfdom . That era is close to over... That is why they are resorting to militarism.
    Ultra Member

Jun 20, 2013, 07:23 PM
    You missed it Tom I said your form of capitalism cannot survive without government interferrence
    you got it wrong . It's government interference that is destroying capitalism .
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 20, 2013, 07:25 PM
    Corporate greed is destroying capitalism.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

W8 Ben form [ 1 Answers ]

I am on H1-b. I am Indian citizen. I have US bank account. I have received W8 Ben form from the bank. Whether should I received the wait Ben form , if so why? What does this mean?

W8 Ben Form [ 2 Answers ]

After retiring, I moved back permanently to the UK a year ago from the US. I have dual citizenship and want to transfer my 401k funds from the US to the UK. I was informed I would need to fill out a W8 Ben form as I may be eligible for the Treaty tax rate. Is this accurate?

Ben-Hur [ 1 Answers ]

I am wondering who the producer is of the 1959 movie of Ben-Hur. Also, did it win any awards? Thank you!?

View more questions Search