Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gcd4574 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 19, 2013, 11:14 PM
    Judgement
    I got a message on my phone to come pick up the paperwork from the sheriff office since they have no jurisdiction on Indian reservation. Was told court schedule for the next day.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jun 20, 2013, 04:56 AM
    We didn't send the message. You need to find out who did and contact them.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jun 20, 2013, 05:02 AM
    So what is your question? If you want our help you need to provide some background and ask a question.
    The Ghost Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 08:48 AM
    Contact the sender and ask for the courts case number and then you can look the case number up for free at your local courthouse. If the case number does not exist then it is just a threat to scare you and make you call them back and pay an old bill. I get similar calls all the time and each time they were just scare tactics. Never ignore a summons though. Always check the courts to make sure they are not bluffing.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 29, 2013, 08:55 AM
    Call the court and ser if you are scheduled otherwise Its just scare tactics. If Its an old debt, once you pay a cent any possible chance for statute of limitations starts all over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a law firm collect on a judgement if I am already paying on another judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a judgement with Citibank that I am curently making payments on. Capital One just obtained a judgement against me. I have a wage hearing with the judge in a few weeks. Can Capital one collect on this judgement since I am already paying on one already?

Judgement by default, now trying to enforce judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Received a judgement by default... by cavalry portfolio... a debt collector service. Now they had a sheriff show up at my home due to a levy, and theyb assessed my assests. Can they do that?

Unaware of default judgement /cause of judgement [ 2 Answers ]

A few days ago, my husband was called by a collection agency informing him of a default judgement of over $8,000 which he had no prior knowledge of. The default judgement was 12/2005. He was told that it was for a credit card he had in 1996. He sincerely believes that he was the victim of identity...

Texas - CC Judgement Can They Put Judgement Against Husband's Property only his name [ 1 Answers ]

Have been sent a summons and contacted attorney. While discussing lump sum settlement they hung up and said they would see me in court. I have tried to call back with no response. Can the judgement in court be put against property that is only in my husbands name?

View more questions Search